OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO GPW13 in the context of biennial plans agreed on with the Ministry of Health and Medical Education of Iran and harmonized with the United Nations country team.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Responsible to do the maintenance and cleanliness to the WHO offices and the surrounding areas which includes floors, windows, doors, cupboards, filling cabinets, working stations, chairs, kitchen facilities, bathrooms and toilet facilities and other WHO properties.
2. Ensure that all bath rooms / toilets facilities are always clean. Regularly check and provide toilet supplies when needed. Arrange to disinfect the toilet facilities when required.
3. Ensure that all doors and windows are properly closed / locked.
4. Make photocopies of document / reports as requested by superiors.
5. Deliver documents, mails and other related office supplies to the concerned staff members
6. Assist staff with messengerial duties.
7. Circulate inter-office memos/mail.
8. Does shopping for the office.
9. Prepare tea/coffee.
10. Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Achievement Activities Include:
1. Services rendered in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Maintaining security of rooms' content in assigned premises.
3. Ensuring that office machines, air conditioners, lights, etc., are turned off after working hours.
Essential: Secondary or technical or commercial school followed by an on-the-job training in equipment handling.
Essential: At least one year of experience in an office environment with similar duties.
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with staff and visitors.
- Good knowledge of modern office procedures
- Ability to sustain good working relations with colleagues.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Beginners knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of Local language.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 12,740 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.