Country Director Tajikistan
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Country Director Tajikistan*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
As Country Director you are responsible for managing Tajikistan's multiannual country programme, which contributes to rural development focusing on sustainable food and nutrition security. Given that 32% of Tajikistan’s population lives below the national poverty line, it is crucial that the Welthungerhilfe projects on site consider linkages of smallholder producers to markets. While you are in charge, you take into consideration the overall Welthungerhilfe strategy and ensure compliance with the defined quality standards. Furthermore you are responsible for a sound financial management of the allocated funds as well as for the acquisition of additional funding. You will take over responsibility for security management to assure the safety and security of your employees, projects and the whole organisation.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the country programme
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate the country programme with local decision-makers and with other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the country
- Acquisition of donor funds on site and international coordination with the Head Office
- Responsibility for expatriate and national project staff including recruitment, and in particular responsibility for compliance with local security regulations
- Maintenance and expansion of cooperation with national and international partners
- Secure the conceptual further development of Welthungerhilfe's commitment in Tajikistan
- Regular exchange of information with the Head Office in Bonn and other Regional Offices
- Observe, analyse and report on relevant trends in the programme country and the neighbouring areas
- Elaborate and ensure a preparedness plan for disasters and potential crises on the basis of the country specific situation
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field, like International Development Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid, Management, Geography or Agricultural Sciences
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience and at least 5 years of project management and relevant leadership experience in international humanitarian aid and development cooperation, preferably in the region
- Experience in security/crisis management
- Relevant knowledge of German, European and UN donor environment (in particular EU,BMZ,PARTRIP and GIZ)
- Outstanding analytical capabilities to judge the humanitarian and health situation
- Excellent HR Management skills
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- High level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English, German language skills will be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 20, 2020. Your contact person is Barbara Kürsten.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.