Programme Coordinator -TURKISH CITIZENS ONLY-
i̇stanbul | Turkey
The Programme Coordinator reports to Head of Programmes and s/he is responsible for participating in preparing concept notes, proposals, projects implementation, reporting the overall project details including in progress, interim and final reports. The Programme Coordinator must work within the Programme team following policies and procedures and in compliance with all Islamic Relief Acts and Legislations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Take lead in planning and designing project concept notes and proposals for different donors including UN agencies, DFID, ECHO, EC etc
Closely follow the implementation of Islamic Relief on-going projects in Turkey
Designing new project concept notes and proposals as per donor guidelines, commitments from IR partners and based on needs on the ground. IR field team will provide field support in designing the projects.
Finalizing detailed implementation plans to follow the progress of projects in coordination with the team in Turkey and other departments
Receiving, reviewing and finalizing project interim and final reports as per the donor formats and submitting as per the deadlines. Later responding to all the queries from the donors and partners on reports in coordination with the field team.
Receiving, reviewing and submitting 4Ws to the clusters on monthly basis. Programme implementation team will coordinate with field and submit the 4Ws
Updating the financial tracking system (FTS) on regular basis
Reviewing and finalizing monthly project updates based on information received from the implementation and field team
Updating IR On-Track system for all on-going projects
Identifying new funding possibilities from donors, partners and government authorities and share with field team to design new projects
Looking for new possibilities of forming consortia to apply for donor funding
Coordinating with partners and Turkish government authorities for better programme planning, designing and implementation of projects
Coordinating and finalizing emergency alerts and situation updates on timely basis in order to get funds for immediate response
Maintaining archives for all project documents including project proposal, budget, LFA, DIP, SLAs, inception meeting documents, monthly updates, interim and final reports
Checking the documentation files before archiving
Maintain communication and correspondence with local partners, clusters, donors, government departments, INGOs, UN agencies etc
To carry out other responsibilities and duties advised by the line manager
Experience / Education/Skills – Essential
- University degree in social sciences/project management/economics or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive responsibility for projects management in relevant field
- Strong knowledge of developing and implementation of projects in emergency and development context.
- Good skill of designing and implementing the projects related to food security, agriculture, income generation, health, WASH, education etc
- Strong communication, interpersonal and technical skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence
- Ability to work under pressure, with short time frames, and in risky situations
- Ability to travel to other areas if required for emergency response and for project design and implementation.
- English and Turkish (written and spoken) is essential, Arabic is desirable.
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and the ability to use software necessary for project management and reporting (Excel and Word is a must)
Vacancy Reference: IRTRIS-PC01
Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the following link before 20th September 2020 at 5:00 pm. You may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr on or before the closing date.
Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused.
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants in accordance with those standards.
If you have any query regarding the application, please send it to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr