Lead Innovation Coordinator
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the supervision of Communication and Innovation Officer under the Communications, Innovation and Partnerships team at UNDP, and Director of Programme Management Office (PMO), the National UNV will undertake the following tasks to support the development of UNDP Innovation Lab as well as project implementation and management:
- Provide support to Communication and Innovation Officer under the Communications, Innovation and Partnerships team at UNDP and Director of PMO in the implementation of UNDP SDGs Innovation Pilot Project;
- Work closely with UNDP to implement parts of direct support under the "UNDP direct support to NIM" modality, in accordance with the annual work plan under the consensus of all parties;
- Leads the overall project-related event planning, organization, and execution of events and/or activities as outlined in the annual work plan of the UNDP SDG Innovation Pilot Project in Chengdu including but not limited to conferences, training, seminars, workshops, summits, etc.;
- Conducts research and locates other necessary resources based on event and/or project activity requirements;
- Assists with event-related vendor coordination;
- Other ad hoc coordination tasks assigned by UNDP in coordination with CICETE.
- Coordinates internal and external resources for the development of the UNDP Innovation Lab, such as the partnerships with domestic innovation and technology enterprises, research institutes and university innovation teams, NGOs, etc.
- Provides effective communications support to the design and implementation of UNDP Innovation Lab strategies;
- Assists with the development and implementation of an overall communications strategy and action plan to promote UNDP Innovation Lab's work in China to domestic audiences.
- Drafts and/or translate project-related external outreach and communications materials, including project related speeches, Op-Eds, success stories, press releases, website write-ups, PowerPoint Presentations, proposals, etc. (English to Chinese and Chinese to English).
- Provides ad hoc translation and interpretation service for conference, high-level visits;
- Other ad hoc communications-related tasks assigned by UNDP in coordination with CICETE.
Master's degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Economics, Business Management, International Development, Political Sciences or related fields is highly favoured. Candidates with undergraduate degrees with extensive relevant experience will also be considered.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
Minimum of 2 year's working experience. Previous working experience in event coordination and organization would be desirable.Language skills:
- Chinese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
· Demonstrable ability to maintain effective communications with Chinese stakeholders;
· Excellent computer skills, in particular, mastery of all applications of the MS Office package;
· Event coordination, project financial, technical and/or administrative management experience as well as basic knowledge on innovation projects are assets;
· Fluency in both English and Chinese.
- Good analytical and organizational skills for innovation events;
- Good communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Sound judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity in confidential matters;
- Good coordination and organizational skills, teamwork;
- Proactive, organized and self-motivated.
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Judgement and Decision-making, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for DiversityApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of China and legal residents of China with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 20-09-2020