Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the supervision of Director of Programme Management Office (PMO) and Programme Manager, the National UNV will undertake the following tasks to support project implementation and management:
- Assist the Director of PMO and the programme manager to assist in the implementation of UNDP SDGs Innovation Pilot Project. His/her role includes but not limited to the development as well as management of quarterly and annual work plans; maintain daily communication between UNDP， PMO, CICETE, CDHT and key stakeholders;
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of project activities and events including but not limited to online and offline conferences, study tours, trainings, seminars, workshops, summits, etc.;
- Assist in procurement processes and financial management of the project;
- Draft communications materials in relation to the project, including but not limited to project related social media posting, press releases, interview outlines and media briefings, etc.;
- Prepare recurring financial reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits and other reasons;
- Assist in annual work plan and budget revisions as requested;
- Other ad hoc tasks assigned by CICETE in coordination with UNDP.
Master's degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Economics, Business Management, International Development, Political Sciences or related fields is highly favoured. Candidates with undergraduate degrees with extensive relevant experience will also be considered.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum 2 year's working experience. Previous working experience in a similar position would be desirable;
- Demonstrable ability to maintain effective communications with different stakeholders;
- Demonstrable ability to administer project budgets, and track financial expenditure;
- Excellent computer skills, in particular mastery of all applications of the MS Office package;
- Project financial, technical and/or administrative management experience as well as basic knowledge on innovation projects are assets;
- Fluency in English and Chinese.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Chinese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Good analytical and organizational skills for innovation events;
- Good communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Sound judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity in confidential matters;
- Good coordination and organizational skills, teamwork;
- Proactive, organized and self-motivated.
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of China and legal residents of China with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 20-09-2020