Programme Support, Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
UNDP China is programming in line with the UNDP Strategic Plan (SP), under which the work domains/portfolios include People and Prosperity, Energy and Environment and Global Partnerships. The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team is directly guided by the senior management of UNDP China, and serves as an overarching coordinating hub, closely cooperating with each team throughout the office. The M&E team contributes to UNDP’s commitment to deliver high quality projects in a timely, efficient, and transparent manner.
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Resident Representative (DRR) and the supervision of the M&E Officer of UNDP China, the M&E intern will be dedicated to office-wide M&E functions: in close collaboration with multiple teams and units, monitoring and evaluating UNDP projects in China to ensure continuous progress and complete compliance in each phase; collaborating with different teams to comply with UNDP headquarter/regional office in requested tasks; providing support and troubleshooting for project units to strengthen the delivery of portfolios and to mitigate potential risks. Moreover, the M&E intern will be undertaking office-wide coordination and management functions, as requested by senior manager or supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E intern is expected to assist the DRR and the M&E Officer in the following key fields:
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Monitoring overall project implementation with respect to progress and updates, delivery, project outcomes, outputs and indicators.
· Analyzing quantitative and qualitative information to evaluate the performance of each portfolio. Preparing monthly and annual reports on the project progress of UNDP China.
· In close consultation with UNDP headquarter/regional office, collaborating with teams/portfolios to ensure all periodic review and result-based management (RBM) tasks are well accomplished.
· Facilitating and coordinating the annual office-wide report (Result-oriented annual report) of 2020, and ensure the quality.
Programme Support and Coordinating
· Reviewing and providing quality assurance of project documents, work plans, MOUs, financing agreements, and ensuring the compliance with the Strategic Plan and UNDP pertinent policies.
· Reviewing and compiling office-wide annual target, annual work plan, quarterly and annual report, etc. in extensive consultation with management team and multiple thematic teams.
· Working closely with external partners (incl. the government, private sectors, etc.) and project management offices (PMO) to ensure the outputs are delivered timely and transparently.
Knowledge Sharing and Ad-hoc Assignments
· Managing all documentations along the project implementation process of UNDP China. Organizing UNDP in-office knowledge sharing activities and external trainings for partners, PMOs, etc.
· Providing secretarial and coordination support of internal meetings, external meetings with governmental counterparts, and other M&E-related activities.
· Performing other ad-hoc duties.
· Strong team player with competent inter-personal, negotiation and liaison skills. Ability to share information and coordinate efforts within the team.
· Detail-oriented and clear-minded person with strong ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines. Capable of coordinating different workflows and ensuring work is timely and error-freely delivered.
· Self-starter with strong commitment and accountability in work
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
· Enrolled in a Master's or in a Ph.D. programme
· In the final year of a Bachelor’s programme;
· Or within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme,
· Or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program
· Majors in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Management or other related fields. Advanced university degree is an asset.
· Experience in programme/project monitoring and evaluation would be an advantage.
Language and Skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software package (MS Excel, Word, etc.) and web management system.
· Proficient in data maintenance and report analysis
Please submit your application with below documents in one PDF,For people who apply from UNDP Jobs, please note that the system will not accept the uploading of more than one document so please merge or scan all your documents into one prior to uploading.
a) CV and letter of motivation
b) Copy of school transcript
c) Indicate if you will be financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation or scholarship programme, and the financial amount.
*Candidate who didn’t submitted required document will not be under considerate of the selection processes.
· Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan and medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. Any cost arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
· The stipend will be paid monthly. Interns will have 1.5 days of leave per month.
· Interns are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed; Cost and arrangement for travel, visas, passports, accommodations and living expenses are the responsibility of the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or the intern.
· Intern must not apply for or be appointed to a position that should be encumbered by a staff number during the period of their internship. Interns are expected to fulfill the terms of their internships. Therefore, internship must not be foreshortened for the purposes of allowing an intern to apply for a position
· Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.