Côte d’Ivoire: Project Director
Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)
The Project Director will provide strategic guidance and leadership for all Internews activities for two projects (subject to change) in Cote D'Ivoire focusing on the upcoming presidential elections and political inclusion and hate speech in online/social media. The Project Director will also coordinate technical, legal and professional capacity building assistance to partners and beneficiaries; ensure proper oversight of Internews personnel, financial management and administration; and coordinate with other stakeholders in the country to ensure that Internews leverages other resources, avoids duplication and complements other media development initiatives. The Project Director will have a strong understanding of the Ivoirian political context, familiarity with media for political inclusion and be responsible to establishing strong partnerships and dialogue with the appropriate donor representatives and stakeholders in Cote D'Ivoire. The Project Director will lead Internews to work with media partners to facilitate two-way communications between citizens and decision-makers at the local and national levels around issues related to elections, conflict resolution and social entrepreneurship opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide general oversight of the program, including program management, strategic vision, budget, management, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners;
- Design and lead technical activities, including media assessments, training and mentoring;
- Manage Internews staff and consultants that provide technical assistance to local CSO partners;
- Communicate challenges facing the project, and articulate the project's successes in meeting those challenges;
- Responsible for the quality, cost, and timeliness of performance of all work performed under the funding contract;
- Provide support to the M&E Officer for the Monitoring and Evaluation of the Project;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly programmatic reports;
- Strategize new directions for Internews to help independent media;
- Maintain relationships with donors through reporting, liaison, and communications;
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of local media in country;
- Build and maintain relationships with media outlets, local partners, (local CSOs) and international partners;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
- Proven experience as a working journalist, editor, media manager; media development expert; OR relevant professional experience managing capacity building projects in Francophone Africa;
- Substantial experience working as a Project Manager;
- USAID or USG experience is preferred;
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded media projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans, training plans, and procurement plans;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a national staff and an international team of consultants;
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, necessary to maintain good relations with relevant stakeholders;
- Strong writing skills;
- Fluency in both French and English required.
To apply, please submit CV and application on our Careers page.