Driver - Mersin
Mersin | Turkey
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide. GOAL has been working in northern Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services. GOAL has been contributing to the urban refugee responses in Turkey since 2016 with a focus on enabling access to health service and the protection services for vulnerable and marginalized asylum seekers in Turkey.
Overview of the Link Program
GOAL seeks a Driver to work for its ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN programs, respectively. The PRM funded Green program is implemented in Mersin, Hatay and Adana provinces. Whilst the ECHO funded LINK is implemented in Mersin, Adana, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa.
ECHO funded LINK program aims at connecting refugees with nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural works residing in temporary tented settlements to available state and non-state services using protection outreach, advocacy, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) approaches. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable/marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable the most vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated, complementary and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection activities, including language and vocational skills training on greenhouse production, agriculture, and life skills; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The Driver will be responsible to drive GOAL owned and rented vehicles within territory of Turkey, with their base in Mersin and other locations depending the Line Managers in structure. This position will be technically managed by the Fleet Assistant (Gaziantep)
- Drive GOAL Syria owned and rented vehicles to give service to GOAL staff as required and given schedule by the Fleet Officer.
- Deliver GOAL messages to different Organizations, Ministries, and Companies etc.
- Always carry out basic security checks on the vehicles that he/she uses before starting driving and at the end of the day. (Tyre pressure/condition, battery water, fuel & oil levels, radiator water etc.)
- Ensure the vehicle meets the maintenance schedule and should inform the Fleet Officer of any faults as and they occur.
- Maintain neat & accurate record of all journeys in the Daily Vehicle Record Sheet.
- Carry out the daily vehicle check and inventory.
- Report immediately any damage or accident to the Fleet Assistant & Logistics Manager following correct procedures in the case of the accident, incident or complaints.
- Ensure the car is kept clean and tidy always.
- Assist the expatriate staff in translation/interpretation as requested by the required staff.
- Ensure that the vehicle is only used for GOAL approved purposes.
- Keep and respect GOAL driving regulation as per the GOAL personnel manual.
- Respect traffic regulation as per the Road Transport and Traffic regulation.
- Responsible for the collection, storage, transport and final delivery of all goods in his/her vehicle.
- Ensure every passenger wears Safety Belt before start driving the vehicle.
- Avoid using mobile phones when driving GOAL vehicles at any time & place.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship
- Basic technical knowledge.
- A minimum of 4 years experience.
- Have a valid driving license.
Key qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered necessary for the specific post which are believed to be key to the success of the job holder in the specific post):
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations
- Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered desirable for the specific post):
- Good knowledge and skill in Auto Mechanics.
- Basic understanding of English language.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 21 September 2020