Field Systems Manager - Gaziantep
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide. GOAL has been working in northern Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services. GOAL has been contributing to the urban refugee responses in Turkey since 2016 with a focus on enabling access to health service and the protection services for vulnerable and marginalized asylum seekers in Turkey.
Overview of the Turkey Program
Currently, GOAL Turkey has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN),
LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable/marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey.
Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Field Systems Manager will be managed by the Deputy Head of Systems. The position holder will be supporting and working in close collaboration with Turkey Program teams, and systems department heads. Overall, she/he will be responsible to maintain an effective, efficient, compliant, safe, secure, operating environment to support smooth running of field offices and daily operations including following up with systems needs of the Turkey programs.
GOAL seeks a Field Systems Manager to work for its ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN programs, respectively. The PRM funded Green program is implemented in Mersin, Hatay and Adana provinces. Whilst the ECHO funded LINK is implemented in Mersin, Adana, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa.
This Field Systems Manager will be managed by the DHoS (Deputy Head of Systems). The position holder will be supporting and working in close collaboration with Program teams, Office Managers and department coordinators. This position technically supported by the department coordinators. Overall, she/he will be responsible to support DHoS and Turkey program teams in smooth running of offices and daily operations including following up with systems needs of the programs. This position requires approximately %30 of the working time travelling.
Responsibility #1 Support for Turkey Program Offices’ Systems
Estimated % of Time: 30
Oversee and facilitate the functioning of the GOAL Offices in Turkey when requested by the line manager:
- Line manage support system functions within the Turkey Program offices, liaise with technical line managers as needed to ensure that systems staff belongs to Turkey program have adequate support and guidance
- Prepare performance appraisals for the staff and managers under his/her line management twice in a year by setting SMART objectives for them. Help improving their performance liasing with DHOS
- Assist in preparing adopted SOPs for Turkey program systems functions when requested by the line manager.
- Look for opportunities for system improvement for Turkey program together with DHOS
- Prepare weekly reports for system functions for Turkey program offices to DHOS.
- Collect Office Managers’ and Senior Finance and Operations Officer’s weekly reports and assist improving their reporting quality in line with the requirements of DHOS.
- Assist DHOS for preparing system departments’ performance reports for donors as often as requested by donors.
- Assist DHOS with creating collaborative and learning culture inside Turkey program and systems.
- Ensure cooperation between systems department is in positive and supporting way answering the GOAL Turkey program strategies and business needs.
- Ensure that system activities are in a cooperated way with liaison team, facilitate the liaison teams operations by organising relative systems support for their functions.
- Assist DHOS for ensuring all sytem and program activities in line with donor rules and regulation working together with compliance team.
- Assist DHOS for ensuring IT needs are met for all offices facilitating the activities working together with IT department.
- Assist DHOS for ensuring that all HR functions are supporting the program and system needs working in close collaboration with HR department.
- Assist DHOS with realising all data protecting activities across all offices in Turkey program.
Responsibility #2: Financial Support
Estimated % of Time: 15
Assist DHOS for ensuring all financial activities are done smoothly by Office managers and Senior Finance and Operations Officer in line with financial manual under the control of financial team in the following activities:
- Follow up with suppliers and service providers for timely invoice and payment submissions
- Prepare payments request forms for venders and service providers upon receiving claims/invoices
- Working closely with the Finance department on submitting the monthly cash projection
- In coordination with Safe code holder, complete monthly closing cash journals for both JOD and USD and cash count and send to Turkey finance office
- Ensure timely payment of both office and staff accommodations
- Make monthly payment for social security and payroll
- Arrange for other payments as necessary
- Verification of invoices before submitting any PRF
Responsibility #3: Procurement Support
Estimated % of Time: 25
Assist DHOS for planning up procurement works and conduct them via Office Managers and procurement assistant, under his/her line management in collaboration with procurement department, for Turkey program offices, Procurement works are included but not limited the following activities:
- Ensure all procurement activities are planned up front and followed and all procurement activities realised according to procurement and donor rules and regulations
- Plan and follow up procurement and logistics needs for Turkey program offices and, equipment, service and works in collaboration/cooperation with Program and Systems departments.
- Ensure that all procurement is carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with GOALs procurement manual,
- In conjunction with Finance teams, assurance is provided to GOAL’s management that GOAL’s procurement practices provide the highest value for money, through leading assurance and control framework
- Follow up procurement charts and authorization table accordingly.
Responsibility #4: : Support for Logistics
Estimated % of Time: 25
Assist DHOS for planning logistics needs and follow up them by distributing the tasks to the logistic team, Office managers and Senior Finance and Operations Officer under his/her line management in collaboration with logistic department for Turkey program. Ensure all logistics functions are continuing in compliance with Donor and GOAL logistics regulations and guidances.
These tasks are included but not limited the following activities:
Plan and follow up the relocation of premises and opening new offices as needed by program,
Manage all premises; ensure adequate office and residential premises are in place, leases are maintained, insurances are in function, payments are made etc.
Oversee supporting the new in-boarded staff in, including but not limited to, providing a workspace and relevant equipment
Oversee functioning of the office, including organising travel and airport transport for the team, ensure office and kitchen supplies are stocked, and facilitate basic day-to-day office running etc.
Ensure timely repairs and maintenance of premises ensuring all services are working to an adequate standard, utility payments are made on a regular basis etc.
Oversee stocks and use of consumables and the functioning of equipment/assets, and action accordingly,
Oversee arranging staff travel as needed; airport pickups, travel to meetings etc.
Raise procurement requests as needed for office equipment, service and works in collaboration/cooperation with Logistics and program departments
Ensure all monthly asset spot checks to be completed at all Link Office
Provide 6-month asset check reports to logistics and ensure that all assets were tracked by all field teams
Provide 6-month stock take reports to logistics and ensure that all stocks were tracked by all field team
Ensure all invoices that needs to be send logs, sent on time
Responsibility #5: : Support for Safety & Security
Estimated % of Time: 5
Support Safety & Security of the offices in coordination with Safety and Security Advisor, including (but not limited to):
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with Security Management Plans, including contingency plans and relevant SOPs
- Conducting safety reviews of prospective premises and ensure compliance with minimum safety and security standards
- Monitoring the country office, identifying new threats, assessing GOALs vulnerabilities and reporting to management and the Regional Security Advisor for action
- Regularly maintain safety equipment and first aid kits as per check list
- Ensure that all GOAL premises in Turkey Program meet minimum health and safety requirements and provide a safe working environment for GOAL staff working together with Health and Safety contact point (HR Coord.).
Reporting & Meetings:
- Provide weekly reports to the Deputy Head of Systems
- Request support from Technical Coordinators in Turkey on issues pertaining to systems functions
Provide weekly reports to the Finance team in Turkey on all issues pertaining to Finance.
Participate in weekly meeting with DHOS for planning/evaluating works
The above list of duties is not exhaustive list. The Field Systems Manager is expected to complete additional responsibility and tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Minimum three years’ experience in systems/functions management
- Degree in Business Administration, finance or similar relevant field
- Experience of working in the INGO sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Solution focused, team player, able to work in a flexible, supportive manner to colleagues
- Motivated self-starter, able to make decisions and take action independently
- Competent computer skills, in particular MS Word and Excel
- Good English language skills
- Working experience in the Adana, Mersin, Antakya, Gaziantep and Sanliurfa areas
- Experience of working in the INGO sector
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 21 September 2020.