Monitoring and Reporting Assistant
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
CSLC is a centre of excellence focused on the delivery of high quality and cost effective administrative services for FAO globally. The SSC ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with its transactional processes and service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities. This position reports to the Quality and Performance Monitoring unit, which prepares regular reports on the CSLC performance
The Monitoring and Reporting Assistant ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within his/her area of responsibility and contributes to a smooth functioning of the work of the unit.
The Monitoring and Reporting Assistant reports to the Monitoring and Reporting Associate responsible for performance quality monitoring. The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities and exercises initiative. He/ she provides guidance and advice to other office support staff. The supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs and meeting deadlines.
The Monitoring and Reporting Assistant works closely with a wide range of colleagues in the office, with central units and external clients, performing and coordinating office- and management support services, and providing procedural guidance and information.
- Provides support to monitoring and reporting of programme implementation and results
- Researches, analyses, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the Office to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Works with relevant business units to ensure reporting is accurately capturing daily processes.
- Prepares monthly reports on SLA compliance as well as volume of transactions.
- Supports periodic SLA reviews by preparing summary reports and comparative analysis on SLA performance.
- Provides support to the maintenance and definition of workflows in the case management system, reviews, updates and maintains related information and data in FAO system as appropriate.
- Participates to the preparation or review of business requirements related to reporting tools.
- Provides support to the ISO 9001 certification annual exercise by collating/preparing the required reports and supporting documentation, as needed.
- Drafts documents and correspondence of moderate complexity
- Supports to logistic and administrative tasks related to monitoring and reporting activities.
- Performs other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: High school diploma
Experience: Four years of experience in administration including budget, finance, human resources, or other administrative or office support-related areas with exposure to reporting
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of English
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment. Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. Power BI) would be an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP (finance, HR or payroll) would be an asset
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency