USAID Maldives PFM - Public Investment and PPP Lead
SCOPE OF WORK
Title/Position: Public Investment and PPP Lead**
Level of Effort: LTTA
Place of Performance: Male, Maldives
Expected Start Date: o/a January 4, 2021 or earlier
The PFM Maldives Activity is 5-year, cost-plus-fixed-fee contract funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The Activity seeks to develop the capacity of the Government of Maldives such that it can achieve the following Objectives: 1) Establishing and implementing a transparent and accountable budgetary system that leads to improved national budget allocations and management; 2) Identifying and implementing efficient public investments in services and facilities; and 3) Mobilizing sufficient public revenue, commensurate with public investments and services. PFM will work with the Ministry of Finance (MoF), the Ministry of National Planning and Infrastructure (MNPI), and other agencies as needed through strategic technical assistance and targeted project interventions aimed at improving their ability to make appropriate and cost-effective budget decisions.
The objective of this position is to lead MNPI technical assistance and oversee all technical inputs under Objective 2 with support from a local Planning Specialist and a local Change Management Specialist.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to MNPI and other parts of government as needed on public investment and PPP design, analysis, and monitoring to result in more efficient and transparent public investment management.
- Build relationships with key staff, assess and understand technical needs, and address those needs with appropriate capacity-building methods.
- Help MNPI deliver high-quality analyses on individual projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in public finance, economics, public policy, law, or other relevant field required; graduate degree preferred. In circumstances where a candidate possesses exceptional relevant experience but lacks a graduate degree, relevant post-education experience will be considered.
- Substantial professional experience in public investment management and PPPs.
- Direct experience working with public and private sector actors to improve investments in a developing-country context, ideally with significant experience in infrastructure investments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in dynamic environments and achieve development outcomes.
- Previous regional experience, particularly in Maldives, desirable.
Location & Reporting
The Public Investment and PPP Lead will be embedded with the Ministry of National Planning and Infrastructure (MNPI) in Male, Maldives and will report to the Chief of Party.
Please direct all applications to PFM-Maldives_Recruitment@dai.com with the subject line: Public Investment and PPP Lead.