Information and Knowledge Management Consultant
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Job Title: Information and Knowledge Management
Type of Contract: Consultant
Division: Private Partnership and Fundraising (PPF), Partnership & Advocacy (PA)
Duty Station (City, Country): Rome, Italy
Duration: 11 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division (PPF) of WFP is responsible for engaging the private sector (corporations, individuals, foundations) through high-impact partnerships in support of WFP's strategic priorities. Serving as a broker between WFP and the private sector, PPF strives to mobilize funding, technical assistance, innovative solutions and awareness to help WFP fulfill its mission, while offering the public, companies and foundations the opportunity to create a world with zero hunger. PPF also serves as the in-house ‘consultant’ guiding WFP Regional Bureaux, Country Offices and HQ Technical Units on partnership development, best practices, compliance and rules and regulations.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join the Global Services team of PPF, which provides key support functions such as communications, contracting, information and knowledge management to partnership managers around the world to support the establishment and stewardship of strategic partnerships with the private sector. This is an exciting opportunity for an expert in information management to help develop and operate a modern and robust information and knowledge management environment that enables WFP’s partnership managers and Individual Giving team to access and exchange information across divisions and countries in an effective, secure and timely manner and help mobilize the resources needed by WFP to deliver crucial assistance to people in need. The position is based in Rome, Italy, where WFP is headquartered, and will be reporting to the Information and Knowledge Management Officer.
- Support the Global Services team’s efforts in developing and implementing a sustainable, secure and scalable information and knowledge management environment that meets the needs of PPF, Country Offices and all other WFP users actively engaging the private sector.
- Help users in using key information systems (e.g. SAP, Salesforce, intranet) and facilitate the adoption of new technologies and processes.
- Provide users with first-level support for incidents and service requests related to information systems, escalating to second-level support (Salesforce team) and third-level support (IT) when needed.
- Provide support in driving the adoption of digital tools within the division with dedicated end-users trainings and practical support to improve the digital maturity of the division.
- Analyze information resources and users’ requirements, translate these requirements into new information management solutions and recommend enhancements in the functionality of existing procedures and systems as required.
- Improve and manage two-way information flows between PPF and WFP’s Technical units, Country Offices and Regional Bureaux, by notably organizing regular knowledge sharing sessions.
- Work and collaborate with diverse groups of internal cross-functional teams.
- Support the Informational and Knowledge Management Officer and the Head of Global Services in any other tasks aimed at improving the information and knowledge flow within and beyond PPF.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University Degree in Sociology, Communication, Service Design, UX/IT, Business Administration, Management, Marketing or other related fields.
At least 5 years of demonstrated work experience in areas related to information management, project management, knowledge management, communication or related areas is essential.
• Strong curiosity, sense of humor and a service oriented and roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and familiarity with Sharepoint and Salesforce.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and client-focused orientation.
• Effective and creative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Team-player who works well with different personalities and takes responsibility for individual work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong service-oriented mentality, patience and interpersonal skills, with an ability to cultivate relationships; must enjoy working in a team environment-
Great sense of ownership and customer service mentality to serve internal users.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically and rapidly integrate information.
• Curious about the organization’s mission and activities and how to identify areas of mutual interest with private sector partners.
• The ideal candidate will also be highly adaptable to change and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and accommodating competing demands with grace and humor.
Excellent command of spoken and written English (fluency/level C knowledge). Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2020
Ref.: VA No. 124745
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.