OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMETo ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO GPW13 in the context of biennial plans agreed on with the Ministry of Health and Medical Education of Iran and harmonized with the United Nations country team.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe incumbent will perform the following duties:Logistics:
1. Coordinate the supply and distribution/delivery of international shipments, monitor and assess quality, quantity and safety of the received goods; oversee clearance and proper storage of goods and initiate duty exemption requests.
2. Monitor deliveries by suppliers, clearing agents and organization's warehouses. Establish and maintain regular contacts with clearing and forwarding agents, customs, UN Agencies, NGOs and Government authorities, follow up and ensure that goods are promptly delivered to the right recipients and that appropriate receipts are received;
3. Monitor on-going shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims and other data, brief supervisors of any unforeseen problems pertaining to discharge, clearing operations, deliveries, etc. and recommend solutions / corrective actions.
4. Provide regular and ad hoc reports on the progress and movement of shipments of goods.Security:
5. Coordinate and supervise the work of the security team, prepare monthly work schedule (including attendance & leaves).
6. Attend to any security problems in the office/premises and report incidents to the supervisor.
7. Implement MOSS related mitigation measures when required.Office related: 8. Register fixed assets in GSM. Ensure that office assets are bar coded and regular physical count is performed. Update and maintain accurate fixed assets and inventories data and reporting;
9. Ensure that the office premises and furniture are kept in proper condition; arrange repair/maintenance when required.
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in the field of security and/or supply/logistics.
- Valid driving license.
- University degree in business administration, logistics management or related field is an asset.
ExperienceEssential: At least 5 years progressive experience in the field of supply/logistics and/or security.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
Skills--> Sound organization skills.
--> Stress and time management skills.
--> Good knowledge of WHO systems, procedures and practices.
Enhanced WHO Global Competency Model:
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 22,198 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.