ERD Business Trainer - Kirkuk
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC has long-term programs based in Baghdad and Erbil, as well as emergency response programs supporting Syrian refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs), returnees and Host communities.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, IRC currently addresses the needs of war-affected Iraqi IDPs from several operational bases in the region. Our activities in the region focus primarily on the provision of non-food items, unconditional cash grants, health, early recovery, community protection and child protection and form part of an overarching humanitarian response in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey and the region that seeks to assist IDPs and refugees survive conflict and displacement.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Economic Recovery and Development Livelihoods Business Trainer is a short term IRC position working to improve livelihoods of families’ affected by conflict in Iraq with access to business training followed by apprenticeship,business grants and Job counselling. Supervised by the ERD Manager, the ERD livelihood Business Trainer will work closely with the ERD livelihood Senior Officer, Officers and Assistants. This program aims to improve service access, socio-economic empowerment and enhance recognition for Iraqi IDPs, Returnees and Host community.
- With the ERD Senior Officer, identify targeted business skills & financial management training needs of ERD program beneficiaries.
- With support from ERD Technical Advisor identify, adapt and develop relevant training materials and corresponding monitoring tools.
- Implement appropriate Business and financial training as per the IRC Business training curricula and day-to-day business trainings work plan, including working with WPE program staff and participants on attendance sheets, pre and post-tests, logistics and other issues.
- Participate in designing and leading the collection and analysis of data on relevant trainings and any follow up with participants.
- Assist in data collection and analysis for beneficiary and community selection, as well as for monitoring and evaluation of all training.
- Work with ERD sr. officer on create linkages with WPE team as well as with other actors delivering curriculum.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure successful program implementation;
- Write regular field reports including progress against targets, all implementation details and challenges;
- Organize and attend regular meetings with relevant stakeholders to ensure a coordinated and streamlined approach across target areas;
- Providing parenting skills training supporting ECD program, if required.
- Work on beneficiaries individual mentoring and implementing month planning with them.
·Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: ERD Livelihood Sr. officer
Position directly supervises: N/A