CONSULTANCY, PROJECT MANAGER
NEW KAICIID WEBSITE
This is a joint project between the Communications Department and Organizational Support Services. KAICIID IT team is looking for a Consultant who will manage the project of redesign of KAICIID main website (www.kaiciid.org) currently developed in Drupal and who will remain the primary coordinator with the Website provider, once the project is finalized.
The Consultant shall support the procurement process of a new contract to manage and maintain the website, which will predominantly involve Development, Maintenance, and Hosting.
Under the supervision of the IT Officer, OSS, and in close collaboration with the colleagues from the Communications Department, the selected candidate will:
- Conduct an analysis of the website-related needs of the Centre in close coordination with members of the KAICIID team;
- Based on the findings of the above, draft the project proposal for the redesign of the kaiciid.org website, including the Terms of Reference required to start the procurement process;
- Assist the Centre in the procurement of the provider by identifying potential bidders and preparing the evaluation criteria;
- Serve as the focal point for all technical questions related to the KAICIID website and providing clarifications to the potential bidders during the procurement process;
- Participate in the evaluation of proposals against the set evaluation criteria;
- Ensure that the contract with the selected vendor (and potential sub-contractors) covers in detail all services, costs, deliverables, timelines, and monitor its implementation;
- Oversee the development and roll-out of the new website, including by acting as the focal point of contact between the selected vendor and the relevant KAICIID team members during the process of the redesign;
- Advise on transition-related issues such as hosting, training, maintenance, etc. as required;
- Support any transition to the new website, as required.
- A project plan for the entire redesign and roll-out of the new website;
- TOR for the Tender;
- Comprehensive evaluation report of the received proposals;
- Transitioning the new vendor as required;
- Wireframe of the new website;
- Content migration plan as required;
- Overseeing the process of transition as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science;
- Proven project management experience;
- At least 7 years of experience in web design for international organizations, ideally in a multilingual environment;
- Proven experience with IT procurement and/or technically relevant work experience;
- Experience of working with inter-governmental organizations;
- Ability to manage many different jobs and meet deadlines consistently;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work in a team situation with remote members;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications; Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with web design for websites in Arabic or other non-Roman script is an advantage.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
27 September 2020
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Consultancy shall be done in two stages. The first stage related to requisition and implementation of the redesigned KAICIID website is envisaged to last 5 months. During the second phase, the Consultant shall provide the Services on “as and when required” basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
At this stage, please do not send any diplomas, publications or any other documents. Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted by KAICIID.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.