Kenya Innovations Associate
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
One Acre Fund Kenya is our largest and fastest-growing country of operation, and is one of the largest social enterprises in sub-saharan Africa. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
The goal of the Innovation Lab is to double the number of clients One Acre Fund serves, increase impact, and improve sustainability. We aim to achieve this through creating new business models and using technology to better serve our clients. We are looking for an Innovations Associate who will lead one of the following high priority projects:
- Digital Extension & Behaviour Change: One Acre Fund relies on in-person training delivered by field agents to provide information to farmers. We want to support this work by investing more in digital and remote methods for knowledge transfer. You will test how we can best use digital channels (SMS, Interactive Voice Response, WhatsApp) to promote impactful agricultural practices and behaviour change outcomes.
You will be involved in all phases of innovation management, from design to execution to evaluation.You will report to the Innovations Senior Manager.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage complex innovations aimed at improving customer experience and program sustainability
- Coordinate across multiple teams to ensure smooth project operations
- Directly manage 1-3 direct reports and invest in their professional growth.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically we are looking for professionals with 3+ years of relevant experience and:
- 2+ years of experience managing complex projects and coordinating across multiple teams
- An ability set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Experience improving established processes
- Enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and improvement
- Familiarity with research methods such as human centered design
- Experience assessing project outcomes and making data-driven recommendations
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and ability to use Google Sheets to do analysis
- Experience mentoring others and supporting them to achieve their professional goals
- Commitment to building an inclusive and diverse team culture
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- English required; Kiswahili preferred
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 25% remote from another location of your choice.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.