The Consortium Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination and management of the PRM consortiums (COVID Grant and Year 2) and serve as the consortium focal point. The Consortium Manager will ensure quality program implementation, including providing strategic guidance to consortium staff and overseeing budget management, performance management, M&E, partnership management, and relationships with external factors including government authorities, humanitarian working groups, and project partners. S/he will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with all consortium partners and the donor.
S/he will report to the Field Coordinator based in the Urban office in Nsambya and will receive technical guidance from the Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL), Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) and Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) coordinators and the grants and partnerships units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a well-functioning consortium, built around collaborative leadership and decision making, capitalizing on the expertise and capacities of all partners
- Take the lead in project planning and coordination to ensure timely and quality implementation of all project activities in line with the program work-plan and in full coordination with national and local authorities as well as other urban actors.
- Provide strategic guidance in unifying approaches between projects (Year 2, COVID grant) and consortium members.
- Organize periodic meetings in order to discuss project progress; record and follow up on the execution of agreed action points.
- Provide managerial direction and guidance in line with the project’s expected outcomes.
- Oversee key project planning deliverables using results based management approaches and tools.
- With the support of the Technical Coordinators and Deputy Director of Programs (DDP), develop specific strategies for cross-cutting themes (capacity building, gender equality, environmental sustainability) for the project.
- Coordinate with local authorities to facilitate the participation of local communities in the planning and implementation of activities and undertake periodic reviews of project activities to assess effectiveness, efficiency, achievement of results and compliance with procedures.
- Ensure all partners update and share project tools (work, procurement, staffing, spending and MEAL plans) on a quarterly basis.
- With support from Field Coordinator, TCs and Grants Unit, take lead in proposal development, review and compiling of member inputs.
- Ensure proper project and donor visibility in the project sites
- In collaboration with the M&E colleagues, participate in data analysis and interpretation exercises with the consortium team to inform programming and advocacy
- Oversee day-to-day coordination and delivery of project activities in conjunction with staff and partners
Communication and Reporting
- Ensure regular communication with the Field Coordinator regarding the Consortium progress and processes.
- Lead the coordination and planning of the Project Steering Committee meeting, taking of the minutes and sharing with all the members.
- Lead the planning and Coordination of the Project Working Group Meeting
- Represent the consortium and the IRC to PRM and other external stakeholders, effectively communicating challenges, successes, and contextual changes throughout the course of the project.
- Compile portions of program narrative and financial progress reports in coordination with the grants unit and finance to share with the donor.
- Compile and prepare quality partner monthly, quarterly, and periodic project progress reports, as well as final reports, and feed in other information as required by PRM, Field Coordinator, Technical Coordinators and Senior Management Team.
- Maintain open and effective communication amongst the consortium and project team members.
- In conjunction with the grants and finance team, develop and monitor the project budget and ensure regular reporting to the donor
- In conjunction with the finance team, review partners’ financial reports, BvAs, spending plans and budget revisions
Human Resources Management
- Work with the technical and field office leads to provide adequate HR oversight to the project team and consultants, as relevant
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to:Field Coordinator
Internal:Close coordination with IRC Protection, WPE, ERD, M&E, Finance, HR, Supply Chain and Grants Unit.
External: Close collaboration with Mercy Corps, Urban Refugees, YARID, donors, local actors (local NGOs, UN agencies, government) and service providers.