Project Coordination Assistant(International Exchanges Division)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
With the Project - "Building Inclusive Development Cooperation on Poverty Reduction between China and Developing Countries", and under the direct supervision of Director of the International Exchanges Division of the International Poverty Reduction Centre in China (IPRCC), the UN volunteer shall undertake the following tasks to help IPRCC move from generic experiences sharing and exchange into problem-solving oriented and action-based learning, with other developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, and to maintain the South-South cooperative platform established between China and other developing countries through the international exchange events and activities:
1) To assist the International Exchanges Division of IPRCC to develop concrete frameworks for the poverty reduction related and South-South Cooperation oriented forums/conferences/workshops. The specific tasks include:
- To design the concept note and programme of an international exchange event;
- To communicate with domestic and international experts to act as resource persons at an international exchange event;
- To communicate with targeted invitees and partners to issue and collect participation confirmation for an international exchange event;
- To organize the meetings and field trips for participants;
- To prepare wrap-up and evaluation report for an international exchange event;
- To clear the financial procedures necessary to implement an international exchange event.
2) To provide various kinds of support for the international exchange activities. The specific tasks include:
- To communicate with related sectors to make sure the international exchange activities be held on time and of high-quality;
- To provide logistical assistance while the international exchange activities are undergoing.
3) To liaise with key partner domestic and international organizations, embassies, academics, media and NGOs with project administrative tasks as required.
4) To manage the knowledge sharing programme with partner international organizations.
5) To liaise with UNDP to provide knowledge sharing for South-south cooperation.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor or higher degree in international relations, economics, development economics, agricultural economics, rural development, social protection or other subjects related to poverty and poverty reduction.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
At least 2 years experiences in research and training programs on related subjects and familiarity with domestic and international poverty and their policies are preferred.Language skills:
- Chinese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Research experiences in one or more aspects of the core subject matter (poverty reduction, social development, rural community development).
- Good familiarity with social development and experience working in poverty reduction.
- Experience in planning and implementing development projects, seminars and workshops.
- Good coordination and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Work with partners as clients as well as external contacts.
- Have supportive and cooperative relationships with other colleagues in the team.
- Willingness to learn new things and update knowledge and skills regularly.
- Experience and familiarity with UNDP procedures is an asset.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, ProfessionalismApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of China and legal residents of China with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 20-09-2020