Research Assistant (Research Division)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the primary supervision of the National Programme Manager ( NPM ) and working closely with UNDP China office the UNV volunteer will undertake the following tasks to support the research, operation, management and foreign affairs and report to the head of the research division of IPRCC:
- Assist in research program management and undertake part of the administrative work of research division;
- To participate in the research on poverty reduction and social development, and to assist in the completion of the field trip, etc.;
- Participate in the design, planning and strategy analysis of research projects;
- Responsible for or participate in the writing of research reports, papers, presentations, and other programme documents etc.;
- Participate in research conferences and exchange activities;
- Assist in maintaining IPRCC’s partnership and research networking with key partners nationally and internationally
- Coordinate translations of key programme documents
- Support the preparation and organization of forums, seminars and conferences for exchanges of poverty reduction policies and practices.
- Complete other routine research affairs and other tasks assigned by IPRCC
- Bachelor or higher degree in economics, social work, international relations, public Administration or any related field.
- Research and research program management experience with government partners, civil society is highly preferred;
- Knowledge in managing development projects in financial, technical and administrative aspects is a great asset;
- Demonstrates ability to effective maintain relationships with different stakeholders including government agencies, academia, international and national volunteer organizations;
- Innovative forward thinking, sound coordination and organizational skills, teamwork.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Chinese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Good research, analytical and organizational skills
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a social organization environment and be an effective team-player.
- Sound judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity in confidential matters.
- Full proficiency in English and Chinese
- Excellent IT competency
- Full competency to work with Microsoft Office software
- Proactive, organized and self-motivated.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of China and legal residents of China with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 20-09-2020