Trust Fund Finance Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight;
- Ensure implementation of operational and financial management strategies and procedures;
- Ensure proper control of Trust Fund accounts;
- Ensures effective Trust Fund programme finance management;
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and sharing.
- Financial sustainability analysis, reporting and oversight for all resources managed by the Trust Fund and provision of high-quality professional advice to the management;
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations as well as MPTF guidance;
- Organization and oversight of Trust Fund cash management processes, including liquidity management, risk assessment, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions;
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions;
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system;
- Trust Fund finance business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal standard operating procedures; control of the workflows in the Finance team;
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects;
- Elaboration of the framework and conditions of contribution within the Trust Fund resource mobilization efforts;
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions.
- All financial transactions are identified, recorded and verified in compliance with IPSAS as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures;
- Transfer of funds to UN Agencies for approved projects by the Trust Fund;
- Regular analysis and reporting on the allocation approvals and the financial delivery situation;
- Timely corrective actions on accounting entries, Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues;
- Ensure effective communication and liaison with GSSU on disbursements, payroll, treasury and accounting process;
- Control of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and maintenance of the General Ledger.
- Ensure a systematic process for timely sharing and monitoring of information’s’ on pipeline is in place;
- Ensure the system of delivery tracking t is in place which provides quarterly progress report with sr. management and the programme team;
- Proper functioning of a client-oriented programme finance resources management system. Identification of operational and financial problems and provide solutions;
- Submission of financial reports to donors on a timely and quality basis;
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals on proper mechanisms to build internal and external Programme management capacity;
- Periodic monitoring of various dashboards and exceptions, identification of the remedial actions;
- Lead the preparations for audits, as required;
- Implementation of the control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation.
- Provide training to staff on Atlas including SOP’s for programme and finance related matters;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Finance and Trust Fund management;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance or Accounting is required. In lieu of this a professional accounting qualification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy is acceptable (e.g, Certified Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant, ACCA, etc.);
- For details please refer to this link (https://tinyurl.com/yyot43c7).
- 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial management advisory services at national/international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required;
- Experience of strategic visioning with strong technical and highly developed analytical capabilities;
- Previous work experience in Trust Fund finance management will be highly advantageous.
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.