Technical Finance Assistant - Azraq & Zaatari Camps - Internals Only
Duties and responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Finance Technical Assistant to join our finance team. You must have the ability to work well within a team, yet show the maturity to work autonomously. An exciting opportunity for anyone who is seeking to reach new heights in their career, and work for an organization that can offer diversity and great opportunities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Reports to line manager respective of cash flows and payments in the camps.
- Reconciling cash advances, teachers & labor payments.
- Provide cash assistance to new arrivals from NFI area.
- Carry out regular cash count.
- Ensure sufficient cash in the cash box.
- Prepare voucher and documentation related to cash box.
- Checking and processing labors and teacher’s payments in the camp when needed.
- Participate in cash distributions in both camps when needed.
- Assist in the month-end accounting closing process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger and all supporting documentation.
- Scanning and filing all transactions related to the camp.
- Supporting finance staff in all locations when needed.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working as a Support Function in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: College/diploma degree or equivalent Years of Experience: 2
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Empowering and building trust.
We can offer
Contract period: Through to 31 December 2020 (Renewable based on funding &
Salary/benefits: 1347 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Azraq & Zaatari Camps
NRC may be required to verifythe identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been
involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.