2136 - Communication Assistant - 2 positions (80% part-time)
Duties and Responsibilities
- In cooperation with the Team, prepare and implement communication plans;
- Assist in formulating messages and identifying communication channels for different target groups of importance for the Office of the Prime Minister and the Governments’ programs and projects;
- Ensure the implementation of communications activities included in the plan;
- Building and maintaining strong relations with journalists and media representatives from domestic and international media;
- Building and maintain strong relations with respective media and communication teams of the government ministries, institutions, NGOs and international representatives, media and journalists association;
- Keeping track of developments and changes in the media environment;
- Keeping track of relevant political, economic and social developments that may affect Offices’ and Governments’ communication goals;
- Prepare press releases and media advisories, speeches or talking points, articles and success stories, organize and coordinate press conferences, book media interviews, in close coordination with the Team;
- Organize and facilitate media coverage of the Office of the Prime Minister work (in various print and electronic media, inclusive of social media).
- Contribute to preparing and implementing of communication projects and campaigns in line with the Office and Governments’ goals;
- Advise on launching new communication projects and campaigns;
- Coordination of activities with other Governments’ stakeholders in implementing projects and campaigns;
- Support and assist in event management for Office and Governments’ activities.
- In cooperation with the Team, prepare a montly social media content plans;
- Ensure the implementation of the activities defined in the plans;
- Content creation and administering of social network accounts;
- Developing and maintaining two-way communication on different social media platforms;
- Monitoring and reporting on the activities on different social media platforms;
- Advise on use of other social media channels; Performing other duties as required.
- Project communication products prepared within the acceptable tolerances of time, cost and quality;
- Project outreach materials timely prepared;
- Reports on deliverables related to the communications on the project produced on time in line with quality standards;
- Support in organization of events provided effectively;
- Regular contact with media and PR agencies;
- Regular communication with relevant ministries, other stakeholders and beneficiaries maintained;
- Regular contacts with other members of the expert team and project management team in relation to various communication and visibility issues of the project.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet;
- Compliance with UNDP rules, regulations and policies ensured.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communications or relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in the area of communications and PR;
- Work experience in an international organization, government institution, or non-governmental organization would be an asset;
- Experience in organizational activities; evidence of ability to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness combined with cultural and gender sensitivities;
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of social media and online platforms;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Serbia's media situation;
- Understanding of Serbia’s political, institutional and socio-economic situation;
- Familiarity with the main governmental, nongovernmental and international actors in the field of media and media policies will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.