dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our
actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
purpose of the M&E Officer role is to contribute to enhancing NRC Jordan’s understanding of
the consequences of its programming, for example through adapting and improving internal
systems topromote evidence-based decision-making and programme performance.
-Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
-Implement delegated Core Competency project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and
better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards &
principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Support in cleaning and maintaining data files as needed
- Ensuring final version of all files are archived in one drive
- Implementing data quality spot checks
- Overseeing/spot checking data collection by volunteers
- Supporting in implementation of capacity building plans for implementing partners
- Supporting data collection processes, ensuring data is gathered in a timely and
appropriate manner and to an acceptable quality
- Support in data management and data analysis
- Support the development of data collection methodology and tools
-Support in standardising M&E across projects
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system
through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardised information
flow of M&E activities and reporting
results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
-Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: College/diploma degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 2
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Highly approachable, trust worthy and confidential
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Initiating action and change
We can offer
Contract:till end of 2020
Duty Station: Amman
Salary:1024 JOD (Subject to Social Security & Income Tax)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.