Administration Assistant SC5 - Ankara
The United Nations World Food Programme in Turkey is looking for two Administration Assistants SC5, based in Ankara Country Office.
If you have two years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of finance, accounting, procurement, evaluation, audit or administrative services or other related field and if you believe in your English and Turkish language skills, apply at the latest by 24 September 2020.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Turkish.
Experience: Two years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of finance, accounting, procurement, evaluation, audit or administrative services or other related field
1. Raises travel documents in WINGS, prepares WFP liability ticket options, makes hotel reservations, arrange airport transfers.
2. Assists in creation of vendors, purchase requisitions, managing invoices for goods and services, processing of Service Entry Sheet/ITS, and compares expenditures with the approved budget.
3. Assist in updating and maintaining AMR/GEMS/MMC reporting.
4. Provide hospitality/catering/logistical support for meetings/conferences organized by requesting units.
5. Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility following established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
6. Collate and process information, including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
7. Be a first point of contact for internal administration queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
8. Assists in the preparation of administration note for visiting consultants/experts, missions, delegations, and manage MSLS payments.
9. Update Fleet Management System (FMS) and manage vehicle requests, logbooks and prepares overhead costs of TRCO vehicles and submits to HQ.
10. Assists overview of cleaning service provider.
11. Keeps stock management of visibility items and distribute them to staff when required.
12. Any other administrative-related duties.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
Annual Leave Entitlement : 1.83 days per month.
Medical Insurance: Private comprehensive medical insurance plan for staff members and dependents (spouse, child or children)
Duration of the contract: 12 months (renewable)
Deadline: No later than 24 September 2020
Nationality and Residency: The applicant should be either a Turkish national or have a valid Turkish residence at the time of application.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.