Driver - PlayMatters
The Driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of PlayMatters regional management staff and materials; care and maintenance of PlayMatters regional vehicles and their accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicles daily; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of PlayMatters regional office vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to PlayMatters Deputy Director any mechanical problems.
- Ensure vehicles are insured and all legal documents are always in order; inform PlayMatters Deputy Director three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
- Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situation.
- Drive PlayMatters regional project staff in a safe and courteous manner to field sites across the country.
- Deliver mail/messages as directed.
- Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment if any.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of PlayMatters Regional office vehicles.
- Give accurate reconciliation of expenditures within the given period.
- Adhere to IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
- Assist programs or PlayMatters Admin Officer in loading cargo for the field.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Deputy Project Director - PlayMatters
Technically reports to:IRC Uganda Transport Manager
Other internal and/or external contacts
Internal: All PlayMatters regional staffExternal:IRC Uganda program staff