Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the overall supervision of Deputy Resident Representative of UNDP Djibouti Country Office and working closely with the Socio-Economic Recovery Assessment Team, the UN Volunteer to develop the socio and economic framework in Djibouti. The framework would also support and align with a UN framework for the immediate socio-economic response to Covid-19 released by United Nations (August 2020).
The UNV will support with quantitative and qualitative macroeconomic data collection and analysis, conducting household survey, MSME survey and reviewing the existing socioeconomic framework for Djibouti in reference to the Assessing the socioeconomic impact of COVID19 and other relevant research works to be carried out.
Under the supervision of the international consultants, the UNV will:
- Provide support with methodologies and approaches to develop the socio-economic framework including tools, indicators, etc.
- Provide support to the review and refine the survey methodology and methodological tools
- Provide support with quantitative and qualitative macroeconomic data collection (primary and secondary disaggregated data on household impact of COVID-19, MSMEs, fiscal, macro-financial) and analysis, assessing the macroeconomic impact of Covid-19.
- Provide support to compile the feedback on the draft socioeconomic framework from consultation process with partners.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, notes, briefs, when requested.
- Master's degree in Economics, Finance or closely relevant subject.
- At least 3 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative macroeconomic data and economic analysis;
- Experience of designing and planning business sector and/or household surveys with the use of questionnaires and digital data analytical tools
- Experience of preparing a report with a detailed approach assessing the socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 on labor markets, SMEs and household welfare in the region based on micro surveys;
- Prepare notes, briefs, presentations and project proposals, when requested:
- Strong communication skills;
- Familiarity with processes of UN agencies and/or IFIs an asset;
- Work individually as well as part of a team towards common goals;
- Fluency in French and English required
- Djiboutian national
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
• Knowledge of macroeconomic – including PFM, fiscal, macro-financial, monetary and exchange rate, the banking sector and Central banking, international trade - concepts, principles and policies and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations;
• knowledge of global macroeconomic trends and ability to collect and analyse macroeconomic data at country level;
• Knowledge of PFM systems and/or macroeconomic modelling;
• Knowledge of Economic Planning and Recovery concepts and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations;
• Knowledge of handling data analysis software, including STATA, SPSS, Tableau and other relevant tools;
• Knowledge of data and statistics analysis for 2030 Agenda for development and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations;
• Knowledge of sustainable development concepts, principles and issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, covering the economic, social and environmental dimensions.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Djibouti and legal residents in the Djibouti with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Candidates with long-term experience are encouraged to apply. Provided that the respective requirements are met, the assignment might be considered as UN Volunteer expert, including 40% additional VLA or as UN Volunteer Senior Expert (15 years of experience incl. international experience), including 100% additional VLA.
Application deadline: 19 September 2020