Enterprise Development Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the overall supervision of Deputy Resident Representative of UNDP Djibouti Country Office and working closely with the Governance and Livelihood Support Team, the UN Volunteer to support in implementing youth employment/empowerment projects in Djibouti. The UNV will also assist the team to design vocational training curriculum, organize youth relating events, develop contingency business measures for Covid-19 affected business owners.
The UNV will support with youth employment project implementation and Covid-19 response projects and activities, in particular, conducting a MSME survey, business development and continuity under crises, organizing awareness raising activities to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and more, in line with the project planning of Youth Resilience Building Project.
Under the supervision of the international consultants, the UNV will:
- Support in coordinating with national counterparts to implement planned project activities;
- Provide support to the budget management by ensuring planned payments and keeping financial records;
- Support in designing and developing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tools as well as conducting M&E;
- Provide support to analysing M&E results and develop infographic of the results;
- Assist the team to design and plan youth related projects by collecting information, drafting proposals and coordinating with relevant counterparts;
Prepare PowerPoint presentations, notes, briefs, when requested.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Master's degree in business development, marketing, economics, entrepreneurship or closely relevant subject.
- At least 3 years of experience in business and enterprise development or/and marketing
- Experience of project management, coordination and monitoring/evaluation
- Skills in developing reports of projects on youth employment, vocational training and emergency assistance;
- Prepare notes, briefs, presentations and project proposals, when requested:
- Strong communication skills;
- Familiarity with processes of UN agencies and/or NGOs an asset;
- Work individually as well as part of a team towards common goals;
- Fluency in French and English required
- Djiboutian national
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
• Knowledge of business/enterprise development – including business and financial planning, marketing strategies, capacity development for employees and international trade - concepts, principles and policies and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations;
• knowledge of global and domestic business trends and ability to analyse business growth at country level;
• Knowledge of starting up and developing small and medium size businesses;
• Knowledge of data and statistics analysis for 2030 Agenda for development and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations;
• Knowledge of sustainable development concepts, principles and issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, covering the economic, social and environmental dimensions.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Djibouti and legal residents in the Djibouti with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Candidates with long-term experience are encouraged to apply. Provided that the respective requirements are met, the assignment might be considered as UN Volunteer expert, including 40% additional VLA or as UN Volunteer Senior Expert (15 years of experience incl. international experience), including 100% additional VLA.
Application deadline: 19 September 2020