Graphic Design Internship
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. The UNDP/OIMT Graphic Design Internship programme will provide support to UNDP’s newly established communication and change management function, specifically supporting the global roll-out of several digital transformation initiatives (ServiceNow, #NextGenERP, SharePoint, etc.).
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context. Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP OIMT unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualising and creating a wide variety of communications material; such as flyers, brochures and posters;
- Contributing creative ideas and solutions when engaging with a number of internal stakeholders;
- Developing visual material for the construction and maintenance of UNDP OIMT Sharepoint sites and intranet;
- Developing icons and logos with Adobe Illustrator;
- Visualising data and creating infographics;
- Assist with development and adoption of the OIMT brand – including brand identity, systemizing communication process and workflow, etc.;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on communication related tasks;
- Support on leveraging OIMT’s multiple channels (e.g. Yammer, intranet);
- Assist with the recruitment and support of the internship programme;
- Promote the OIMT’s overall strategic framework and work plan;
- Support general OIMT-related staff engagements, e.g. Townhall meetings, new staff introduction.
- Graphic Design: Able to develop and create communication material (such as icons, logos, infographics);
- Communication: Has an understanding of internal communication and is able to produce visual communication material for a variety of contexts and formats;
- Project Management: Able to organize and structure different tasks, good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Collaboration: Works effectively with different personalities across a variety of social and professional situations, displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Creativity: Able to generate novel and useful ideas and solutions to problems and challenges
- Innovation: Has interest in delivering innovative and sustainable solutions for country offices, focusing on ICT and green renewable innovations;
- Problem Solving: Has a proactive hands-on approach, also when operating with limited information
- Motivation: Has an interest in working in an international organization
- Independence: Able to work independently, taking initiatives and showing self-development, initiative-taking, sound judgment
Required Skills and Experience
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in the field of Graphic, UX design, Communications, Media or equivalent, or in lieu of the above minimum professional recognised graphical certification.
- Experience in one of the following fields is required: Communication, Web Development; Content Creation or similar;
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator is a strong advantage;
- UX Design experience is an advantage;
- Experience managing the creative process from concept to delivery is an advantage;
- Experience with video editing tools (e.g. Premiere Pro, After Effects) is an advantage;
- Experience working as part of design/creative team and project management is an advantage;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) is an advatage;
- Fluent in written and spoken English is required. Working Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
- Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme;
- Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark;
- The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.