Communication and Multimedia Internship
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. The UNDP/OIMT Communication and Multimedia Internship programme will provide support to UNDP’s newly established communication and change management function, specifically supporting the global roll-out of several digital transformation initiatives (ServiceNow, #NextGenERP, SharePoint, etc.). We are looking for two interns to fill the position; one with a content development profile and the other with a platform management (SharePoint intranet/Teams) focus.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context. Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP OIMT unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support organisational change initiatives through the development of communication activities that help drive adoption;
- Support re-development of OIMT intranet in SharePoint Modern;
- Assist with development and adoption of the OIMT brand – including brand identity, systemizing communication process and workflow, etc;
- Aid in the implementation of UNDP OIMT’s communication strategy targeting various stakeholders;
- Identify and develop stories from country offices where OIMT projects have been implemented;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on communication related tasks;
- Support on leveraging OIMT’s multiple channels (e.g. Yammer, intranet);
- Support the effective management of SharePoint Teams and document libraries;
- Assist with the recruitment and support of the internship programme;
- Promote the OIMT’s overall strategic framework and work plan;
- Support general OIMT-related staff engagements, e.g. Townhall meetings, new staff introduction.
- Communication: Has an understanding of strategic communication within organisations and is able to communicate clearly and accurately in a variety of contexts and formats;
- Brand Management: Able to think strategically and to use analytical skills to transform strategies into concrete actions, understanding of how to build and manage a brand;
- Project Management: Able to organize and structure different tasks, good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Collaboration: Works effectively with different personalities across a variety of social and professional situations, displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Innovation: Has interest in delivering innovative and sustainable solutions for country offices, focusing on ICT and green renewable innovations;
- Problem Solving: Has a proactive hands-on approach, also when operating with limited information;
- Motivation: Interest in working in an international organization;
- Independence: Able to work independently, taking initiatives and showing self-development, initiative-taking, sound judgment.
Required Skills and Experience
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in the field of Communications, Media, Web Development, International Relations or equivalent;
- Experience in one of the following fields is required: Communication, Web Development; Content Creation or similar;
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, such as Illustrator, InDesign, etc is an advantage;
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.) is an advantage;
- Experience with CMS and platform development, ideally in SharePoint is an advantage;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) ;
- Experience with project management and change management is an advantage;
- Experience with stakeholder engagement strategies is an advantage;
- Fluent in written and spoken English is required. Working Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
- Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme;
- Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark;
- The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.