Admin Officer - Maiduguri
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with local partner CISCOPE (Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication), implemented a project to support livelihoods and improve WASH in Kogi State from February to May 2013. This was followed by a 3-month nutrition and food security program in the same location from October 2013 to January 2014. The IRC is now in the process of establishing long term presence in Nigeria.An office has been established in Adamawa State, North East Nigeria and are providing critical humanitarian assistance to conflict affected people.
Office Administration Management;
- Track and monitor IRC office administration and maintenance.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment.
- Regular Supervision of cleaners and cooks in the office.
- Track and monitor DSTV subscriptions and monthly telephone, and assure that all are paid on time.
- Processing of electricity bills for offices and Guest houses in Maiduguri.
Accommodation Management (Guest Houses and Hotels) and VISAS
- Track and monitor IRC Guest House administration and maintenance.
- Arrangement of hotel bookings and reservations for national and international staff to the field office after receipt of approved /filled Travel Authorization Forms(TAF’s)
- Ensure that all hotels bookings are made in writing and copies of booking/accompanying TAF’s are available in Admin Office for record/tracking purposes.
- Processing and reconciliation of accommodation and hotels bookings related payments by COB every Friday.
- Daily accommodation Tracking and Update to security team and transport team, copying HR manager and Snr. Admin Officer.
- Regular supervision of Cleaners and Cooks in the Guest House.
- Tracking of Expart VISA and reporting to the Snr. Admin Officer Abuja for renewal.
Other Human Resource Functions:
- Read, review and become knowledgeable of the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor and HR Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Snr. Admin Officer
Position directly supervises:
Indirect Reporting: HR manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Required to be a good team player, works effectively within the team