IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO Bangladesh assists the Government to formulate policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and utilize environmental and natural resources in a sustainable way. It contributes to the development of FAO’s field programme projects in the country and implements them in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the Dhaka Food Systems project (DFS). The DFS project seeks to meet the challenge of feeding one of the world’s fastest growing megacities, Dhaka. It works with young people, the private sector, local governments, the national government, and civil society organizations. The DFS project adopts a dynamic and multi-stakeholder approach to sustainability in order to improve access to nutritious food for all of Dhaka’s population, including the poor.
The Administrative Assistant is under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in the Bangladesh, direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) for the Dhaka Food systems project, and works in close collaboration with the Operations Specialist in FAO Bangladesh.
The incumbent shall, at all times, ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
The Administrative Assistant will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure continuous engagement with project stakeholders and partners.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief Technical Adviser of FAO’s Dhaka Food systems project and close collaboration with the Dhaka Food systems team members, public, private and GoB stakeholders, Administrative Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/