National Procurement Associate
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Procurement Associate provides and coordinates day-to-day procurement operations, including specialized and complex processes and functions, ensuring consistency, timeliness and conformity with relevant rules, procedures and practices. He/ she provides procedural guidance to clients and staff across the Organization regarding procurement rules and procedures.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the Procurement Associate reports to International Procurement Officer. Work is performed largely autonomous, expressing initiative and independent judgment. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs and is facilitating service delivery. The incumbent provides guidance and training to procurement support staff and advices clients throughout the Organization.
The Procurement Associate maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff, and suppliers inside and outside the Organization, ensuring the quality and consistency of procurement support services and the compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work impacts on the quality, timeliness and efficiency of FAO's procurement operations. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the procurement support services for the successful achievement of the Department/Office's mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
• Thorough knowledge of UN system procurement regulations, policies and procedures
• Certification on procurement delivered from an internationally recognized institution is an asset.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in iMIS reporting and monitoring tools
• Thorough knowledge of FAO's administrative policies and procedures
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/