Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Associate
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO Uganda supports extremely vulnerable populations throughout Uganda to achieve sustainable food, nutrition and income security through resilient agricultural livelihoods.
To support the immediate needs of extremely vulnerable populations experiencing acute instances of economic crisis and food insecurity, FAO provides CASH assistance through a combination of cash to enable households to meet their basic needs and protect their productive assets.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR), in consultation with the Deputy FAOR, the CVA Programme Associate is directly supervised by the Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator and technical supervision of the Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Consultant.
The CVA Programme Associate will support the planning, implementation and monitoring of cash transfers activities as part of the Desert Locust emergency response and support the integration CVA as suitable as part of FAO’s CASH to build resilience of agricultural households.
Tasks and responsibilities
The CVA Programme Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Relevant work experience for an international or multi-lateral organization and/or with government is an added advantage, preferably FAO. .
Selection Criteria [optional]
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/