Salesforce Marketing Cloud Solution Engineer, ICTD, New York (Remote)
New York City (United States of America)
UNICEF ICT Division's Solution Center and Support team is looking for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Solution Engineer that will design, develop and implement integrated email solutions, supporter journeys and automation in the Marketing Cloud platform.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF’s ICT Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally using innovative technology-enabled solutions.
This position is situated within the Solutions Centre and Support section of ICTD. The centre provides adequate, user-friendly and modern business solutions to UNICEF’s different departments and stakeholders as well as providing guidance, governance and procedures to several enterprise processes such as data collection, program monitoring, digital tools and platforms, and business process optimization throughout the organization.
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the ICT Manager – CRM Solutions, Salesforce Marketing Cloud Solution Engineer design, develop and implement integrated email solutions, supporter journeys and automation in the Marketing Cloud platform. The incumbent should have hands-on experience as full stack developer for Marketing Cloud creating personalized, dynamic messages, landing pages, preference centers, data management and configuration, advanced segmentation and analytics. The incumbent will collaborate with domain architects, internal and external stakeholders to ensure technical solutions adhere to approved enterprise architecture and security guidelines. As a member of global DevOps team, the incumbent will be providing advanced support in debugging complex platform issues and will be involved in the global digital engagement program delivery and enhancement.
- Configure account setup and administration (BUs, roles and permissions, profiles, SAP, RMM, Users, subscriber filters, FTP, Salesforce multi-org connector)
- Build email marketing campaigns utilizing the various tools within Email Studio, including content builder
- Build and maintain reusable journeys templates and automations in journey builder
- Configure and set-up data models (lists, data extensions, shared data extensions, contact model)
- Build Marketing Cloud pages (data forms, custom preference pages)
- Design and develop custom API Integrations using REST and SOAP API
- Define and execute email data interactions (import, data extracts, file transfers)
- Set up and maintain Marketing Cloud Connect and data sync between Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud
- Develop segmentation module in Marketing cloud
- Understand requirements from business, translate into design and build applications following salesforce and industry best practices
- Lead the discovery sessions on email marketing campaigns, supporter journeys
- Create documentation of marketing cloud architecture and provide recommendations
- Provide training to production support staff and business users
- Resolve escalated incidents from end users and contribute to solving Marketing Cloud related problems
- Report issues with the platform and follow up on solving cases raised with Salesforce.
- Apply full stack approach to marketing solution design through planning, testing, implementing, deploying and operationalizing solutions.
Duration: This consultancy will be for a period of eleven and a half (11.5) months.
Start date: Tentatively 01st October 2020.
Location: Remote. The working hours needs to be Central European Time to work with wider project team based in New York, Geneva. Occasional overseas travel may be required.
Reporting to: ICT Manager, CRM Solutions
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
Academic Degrees required:
- An advanced university degree (master’s or higher) in Information Technology or related field is required. A combination of a first university degree in a relevant field combined with two additional years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for the advanced university degree
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experiences is required
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years' experience working on Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Exact Target
- Experience with Social Studio/Hootsuite, Audience builder, Google Marketing platform
- Deep knowledge of configuration, journeys development, cloud pages, HTML, CSS, AMP script, SSJS, SOAP/REST API, SQL, ESB, JSON, subscriber management and marketing cloud connect
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Has the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Experience of working with cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical professionals
- Industry qualifications in Salesforce platform; Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist and Marketing Cloud Developer
- Understanding of the Salesforce platform (sales cloud, community cloud, analytics cloud) is an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Additional UN languages will be considered an asset.
Each applicant will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant or vendor whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%].
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
With the exception of the US Citizens, G4 Visa and Green Card holders, should the selected candidate and his/her household members reside in the United States under a different visa, the consultant and his/her household members are required to change their visa status to G4, and the consultant's household members (spouse) will require an Employment Authorization Card (EAD) to be able to work, even if he/she was authorized to work under the visa held prior to switching to G-4.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.