Administrative Assistant - GCP
Panama (United States of America)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create travel request in Atlas, following up the process from creation to disbursement of DSA´s and closure.
- Request creation of travelers profiles
- Support the process of obtaining visas for missions.
- Support the organization of workshops and events.
- Support the development of the project annual travel budget
- Control travel expenditures to update the travel budget.
- Request creation of Vendors
- Manage Micropurchases and Direct contracts under 5K processes
- Support the development of procurement plans including uploading in PROMPT
- Support other procurement processes including preliminary evaluations, setting interviews, drafting reports, etc
- Update project´s contracts data base
- Prepare payment requests.
- Follow up requisitions approval process.
- Follow-up on payments, from preparation until disbursement with the finance unit.
- Support preparation and verification of Combined Delivery Reports.
- Support the regular updating of the Project Management Module in ATLAS
- Support Interns hiring and other recruitment processes
- Support team members with Cancilleria requests like accreditations, visas, drivers licenses among others
- Demonstrated ability working in the administrative and financial field.
- Knowledge of ATLAS will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet browsers is required.
- Well organized
- Solution-oriented and analytical
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Building Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
- Promoting Team Work
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of general experience in administration, finances, and/or logistics and preferably in international organizations, NGOs or related to project implementation;
- Previous experience working with UNDP projects will be considered an asset.
- Experience providing support to global and disperse teams is an advantage
- Experience in organizing events and workshops including travel arrangements will be an advantage..
- Experience with public procurement processes is desirable
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in Spanish and English.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only those candidates from the short list will be contacted.
This position is open only for Panamanian citizens or foreigners with permanent residence and valid work permit.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment; therefore this position is open for Panamanian citizens or non-nationals with valid work permit only.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.