Communications & Change Management Specialist
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and elaborate communication needs assessments for Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBx), Head Office (HOs), UNDP internal and external clients, the GSSI Project Board and other GSSU stakeholders identified.
- Devise and manage a communications strategy and policy for the GSSU and the GSSI Project
- Develop and oversee editorial oversight of all public materials of GSSU and the GSSI, including development, updating information on relevant websites, stories of impact, news releases, presentations, proposals and reports.
- Monitor and analyse Yammer and Teams groups feedback on GSSU services and on topics related to the GSSI.
- Provide constructive and timely advice on inclusion of communications components in other ongoing corporate initiatives.
- Identification and development of storylines and substantive articles contributing to discussions on key communication issues relating to GSSU services.
- Develop and produce communication materials including briefing materials, articles and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels.
- Contribute to the design of a dedicated website in cooperation with assigned staff.
- Supervise and prepare content for the website and social media platforms ensuring consistency of the materials.
- Contribute to the development and updating of monitoring and reporting websites and dashboards
- Developing a Communications strategy for GSSU client management services
- Generate communications material and communication channels for effective GSSU client management
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned from COs as the GSSI project progresses and embedding them into GSSU training and other materials.
- Monitor practices, news and developments in Global Shared Service industry in order to ensure GSSU services reflect best practice and most current available information.
- Provide synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in institutional transformation, organizational excellence, change management.
- Work with and support change management activities of GSSU and UNDP Country Offices.
- Support the development of knowledge management articles, processes, and Frequently Asked Questions in respect of GSSU Contact Centre and GSSU Service lines
- Organization and provision of training, consultations and advice to UNDP staff on GSSU internal and external communications.
- Supports implementation of appropriate innovation strategies that contribute to enhanced support of business processes, quality assurance, performance and client management in the context of the GSSU target operating model.
- Supports development and implementation of coherent knowledge management platform that aims at facilitating gathering, processing, codifying and use of knowledge required for the effective operation of the GSSU operating model.
- Sound contributions to the communication and change management networks and relevant communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in Communications, Journalism, International/Public Relations or a related field
- At least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience with development of communication products and working on different aspects of communications such as content production, community of practice management, and engagement through social media.
- Experience in using different communications tools, social media and platforms
- Previous experience with international organization such as UN agencies
- Knowledge of UN system
- Work experience with UNDP is desirable
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office application and graphic development an asset
- Advance knowledge of web-based management system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English Proficiency in French/Spanish is an asset
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.