IT Operations Associate SSA-6
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
Within delegated authority of Head Business Support/IT Operations Officer, the IT Operation Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
2. Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
3. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
4. Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
5. Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
6. Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
7. Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
8. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
9. Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
11. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met
12. Maintain, upgrade or enhance existing systems and applications including troubleshooting; and provide continuing user support including keeping stocks of spare parts and equipment to support the repair and maintenance of Information Technology and Telecommunications equipment.
13. Develop technical specifications needed to facilitate procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at the least cost possible and in line with rules and regulations stipulated in Non-Food Procurement Manual
14. Prepare TC/IT tender documents and carry out technical evaluation of bids and proposals received;
15. Identify and test new software and hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; install any technology upgrades as required
16. Perform other related duties as required
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.|
- At least five years of progressively responsible job-related experience in information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as, WAN/LAN networking, operating systems, databases, telephone services, radio unit, web design, registry or similar. Some experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit or telephone maintenance service is an advantage.
- Experience working in an international organization or multicultural environment. Postsecondary school studies in an institute specialized in information technology or telecommunications or ITIL training.
Education: Completion of University degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering and relevant field. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English
All applications should be received no later than Sunday, 27 September 2020
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.