Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator "Nationals Only"
dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our
actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
NRC Jordan has put in place a Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to establish and implement systems
to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal
management. The M&E Coordinator’s role is to enhance NRC Jordan’s understanding of the
consequences of its programming, improving internal systems, and promoting evidence-based
decision-making and programme performance. The M&E Coordinator will work with the M&E
manager in ensuring that reports produced by the unit is of high quality and can be shared
internally and externally to inform decision makings. Furthermore, the Coordinator ensures that
M&E is established as a technical unit that offers relevant trainingsto program staff and promotes
high quality assessment, evaluation and study designs
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of monitoring and
evaluation systems, including monitoring and evaluation standard operation procedures,
guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change
development, log frame design and budgeting for monitoring and evaluation.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing monitoring and evaluation,
including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and
monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned
- Capacity building and training of programme and monitoring and evaluation support staff
on monitoring and evaluation technical and conceptual areas.
-Supervise and mentor monitoring and evaluation support staff in executing monitoring
and evaluation plans.
- Contribute to the design of monitoring and evaluation staffing structure and resourcing,
including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for monitoring and
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards &
principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
-Lead the documentation and sharing of M&E reports that facilitate evidence-based
decision-making, both internally within NRC Jordan and externally with partners and
- Manage high quality output data reporting through line managing Information
Management Technical staff.
- Contribute to the development of the country office’s M&E framework.
- Implement guidance and frameworks for CO procedures, policies and processes.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other
departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired
results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or postconflict
setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to
monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative
and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local
-Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training,
mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
-Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or R.
- Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or higher
- Years of Experience: 5
- Working with people
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Coping with Change
- Managing resources to optimize results
We can offer
Duty Station: Amman
Salary: 1024 JOD "Subject to social security and Income tax deduction"
Contract: till 31st December with possibility to renew based on fund and performance
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.