Communications and Knowledge Exchange Officer - the Sustainable Palm Oil Initiative(SPOI)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and monitor communication strategy for SPOI;
- Ensure effective communications, visibility, and knowledge management; manage communications risks and develop crisis communications plans; and adhere to UNDP and development partner guidelines on communications and visibility;
- Ensure that information and data from Platform and Landscape Teams (including from field) are captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner;
- Undertake filed visits to gather the information and results and impact related to the programme;
- Contribute substantially to the proposal development process;
- With input from the project colleagues, actively prepare, produce, and disseminate high quality quarterly project progress reports, communication products (including publications and digital media products, video and photography production) and campaigns (including events and webinar series) in relation to SPOI activities, nationally and internationally in close coordination with relevant UNDP and UN communication officers – including public outreach through social media, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube;
- Assist all SPOI workstreams in producing and documenting all kinds of project related reports including visibility material;
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all project related documents;
- Support project staff in organizing and managing seminars, workshops, press conferences and field visits as required;
- Prepare and edit press releases, project related progress reports and documents;
- Provide through progress reporting continuous analysis of the achievements, and facilitate project review;
- Ensure the maintenance of sound filing system and appropriate use and recording of all project experience, activities and results; Implement all reporting and communication work of the project.
- Identification of entry points for knowledge generations and knowledge sharing from project experience;
- Effective contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Provision of support to the information sharing event and dialogue within the GGP child projects and donor community by initiating and/or participating in consultative meetings that will address the issues and needs in collaboration with key partners;
- Maintenance of established advocacy networks which are linked to international networks and proposed for expansion of network to the Platform and Landscape teams, thus relevant, high-impact advocacy campaigns are implemented with key partners;
- Effective support to the establishment of showcase to external stakeholders on progress made and impacts delivered.
- Developing and strengthening monitoring procedures;
- In collaboration with Platform and Landscape Teams, monitoring all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Effective recommendation for further improvement of the logical framework;
- Development of monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of overall progress on achievement of results;
- Effective monitoring of the sustainability of the project's results;
- Provision of feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Effective strategy to the Project Management Unit for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Effective monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress report on all project activities to the Project Manager;
- Effective capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system;
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provision of inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team, donors, and UNDP;
- Participation in the annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Effective support on monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Effective support in coordination across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Effective technical support to the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Support to development of Terms of Reference (TOR) for specific project/thematic/sectoral monitoring and reporting missions, participation in consultant and evaluation team selection, technical feedback on evaluations and budget oversight;
- Provides guidance on monitoring and reporting policies, procedures and practices to all project team including provision of guidance at the design stage of programmes/projects;
- Supports the analysis and synthesis of data.
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production; differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years for Master’s Degree or 6 years for Bachelor’s Degree of relevant hands-on experience in communications and publications. Experience in the area related to environment, palm oil industry will be an advantage;
- Experience in handling of web-based management system and scheduling social media output is preferred;
- Ability to work and write clearly and concisely with attention to detail in Indonesian and English;
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Professional video and photography skills and experience in designing and implementing social and or environmental campaigns is preferred;
- Good knowledge about rules, procedures of UN/UNDP will be highly desirable; and
- Experience in mainstreaming ‘gender’ in project design, strategy and implementation will be desirable;
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP’s rules and procedures would be desirable but not essential.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.