SENIOR FINANCE AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Post Number : 5BAGBFM0005PA
Grade : G-6
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Erbil
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 29-SEP-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in Iraq may apply to this position)
Duration of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Iraq Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent leads high-level administrative and support services in a range of specialized areas and plays a lead role within the unit in ensuring application and compliance with the rules, regulations, policies and practices in place.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent shall assume the following tasks:
- Deliver specialized support in a range of areas, notably finance, budget, accounting, logistics and HR. Execution of tasks involves a broad range of policies, procedures and practices and interpretation of these for Office colleagues.
- Identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems; extracting, analysing and interpreting a full range of data related to specialized functions. The incumbent is expected to review and recommend changes to operating procedures and systems.
- Work with a significant degree of operational autonomy and initiative within the established guidelines, procedures and processes. The incumbent organizes his/her work routine and determines priorities while overall objectives and expected results are set by the supervisor. Results are reviewed by the supervisor for achievement of objectives and provision of overall quality and timely support.
- Work closely with Office staff (Director/ Head of Office, programme and administrative staff) and with colleagues from HQ corporate services (BFM, HRM, MSS) and regional/ cluster office, as applicable. Work relations within the Office focus on provision of advice and discussion to ensure adherence to the rules, regulations and policies, recommend viable and compliant solutions, as well as maintain accurate accounting and financial records and high standards.
- Work also involves contacts with beneficiaries, suppliers, UN agencies and local authorities to exchange in information and discuss more complex situations.
- Provide senior level support in the processing of a range of specialized areas and plays a lead role in these areas. The incumbent independently consolidates data and prepares reports, non-routine correspondence and documentation, ensures the functioning of internal control systems and ensures that the office’s financial resources and expenditures and fully and adequately accounted for.The incumbent’s work has a direct impact on the quality of services provided by the administrative unit.
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational education.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience and progressively work experience in administration or programme support services in the field of Finance, Accounting, Audit, Human Resources or a related area.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, follow up on issues promptly, and to work efficiently under pressure, flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel. PowerPoint, etc.).
- Full proficiency in SAP (iRIS).
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Certification or training in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Human Resources or any other related.
- Experience working in the UN System, or at similar international or bilateral organizations.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of various UNESCO automated applications/ tools (e.g. DUO, TULIP, SISTER).
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.