Based in Nairobi, Kenya - Global Services Hub
Report to Digital Program Manager
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Population Services International (PSI) seeks a dynamic candidate with an interest in routine health data monitoring systems and data visualization for the position of DHIS2 Specialist. The successful candidate will work closely with program and country teams to provide high-level technical support relating to DHIS2, PSI’s global information management system, and other Digital Health tools PSI uses, as need be. The main focus will be developing, supporting and maintaining complex configuration of program monitoring systems in DHIS2, troubleshooting, general system administration, analytics, dashboard development, and customer support through the Helpdesk, as well as capacity building of Country System Admins across PSI’s country offices. This position will also support configuration and maintenance of other Digital Health interventions, ie. PowerBI dashboards, WhatsApp chatbots, digital marketing campaigns, and others.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
Provide DHIS2 system administration, maintenance and configuration support
· Configuration of multi-country and complex program monitoring systems in DHIS2 meeting organizational standards, in both desktop and mobile DHIS2 (Categories, Data elements, Data sets, Event and Tracker Programs, Indicators, Users, Org Units, etc)
· Create, maintain and support DHIS2 configurations across multiple countries and multiple health areas, including troubleshooting and technical assistance to Country System Admins and DHIS2 Officers
· Importing / exporting data and metadata across PSI’s DHIS2 servers
· Create and maintain data validation rules and other data quality checks to improve data quality
Provide technical assistance in DHIS2 analytics and dashboard development
· Create, maintain and support DHIS2 analytics through Indicators, Program indicators, Predictors as well as visualizations and dashboards tailored to data-users’ needs
· Provide technical assistance to strengthen use of DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards to support evidence-based decision-making through the DHIS2 Interpretations app and Data-to-Action approaches
Provide capacity building support in DHIS2
· Train Country System Admins, DHIS2 Officers and other project staff to effectively interpret and manipulate DHIS2 dashboards and visualizations
· Increase the capacity of Country System Administrators and other team members in DHIS2 configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
· Create technical documentation for best practices on configuration and maintenance and based on new features after upgrades
· Troubleshoot DHIS2 configuration and maintenance through PSI’s DHIS2 Helpdesk
Provide technical assistance in Digital Health interventions
· In collaboration with the development team, support configuration of Digital Health interventions, as need be (ie. PowerBI dashboards, WhatsApp chatbots, digital marketing campaigns, etc)
· Maintenance and technical support of Digital Health interventions at country and program level
What are we looking for?
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, or a related field
· 4+ years of experience in managing complex databases systems
· Proven experience working with DHIS2 on system configuration and maintenance
· Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
· You can construct (or you are excited to learn) SQL queries and managing databases
· Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
· Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities
• All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya. PSI will not sponsor work permits
• Status: contingent upon funding and approval through Sept 2021 with the possibility of extension
• Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than September 27th, 2020 to email@example.com . Subject: DHIS2 Specialist**
• Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required
• The service is expected to start in October 2020
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.