Consultancy: Consultant, Management Advocacy and Partnerships - Education, PD, NYHQ - Req # 534455
New York City (United States of America)
The Management, Advocacy and Partnerships (MAP) team in the Education Section supports the section as a whole with management, advocacy and partnerships support to implement the Education work plan and effectively respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope.
Consultancy Title: Management Advocacy and Partnerships consultant
Section/Division/Duty Station: Education/PD/NYHQ
Duration: 195 working days
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments. UNICEF has over 12,000 staff in more than 145 countries.
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
The Management, Advocacy and Partnerships (MAP) team in the Education Section supports the section as a whole with management, advocacy and partnerships support to implement the Education work plan and effectively respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, including management of a global GPE grant for the development of global goods. The Education Section has embarked on a number of key initiatives, particularly in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic and to strengthen partnerships and resource mobilization, that have led to a substantial increase in workload and hence the need for additional technical assistance.
The assignment will support the following main areas, mainly in the context COVID-19 response and a critical time for resource mobilization for the organization:
• Advocacy and Partnerships
• Management support
• Logistical and coordination support to key events
Advocacy and Partnerships, provide support to:
- Annual consultations with donors, including preparing of briefing notes and inputs
- Regular Partner Group meetings in close collaboration with Technical Teams and Regional Education Advisors
- Resource mobilization through compilation and sharing of donor intelligence and donor follow-up.
- COVID-19 response related advocacy and resource mobilization
- External partnership engagement with key partners, including with GPE
- Donor visibility and recognition, particularly donors supporting COVID-19 response and thematic funding, including documentation and sharing of information with regional offices and country offices
Management - provide support to:
- Management of the GPE Global Grant for COVID-19 response
- Regular management reporting, including end/mid-year reviews
- Development of the 2020 Annual Results Report
- Adhoc requests from OED/AD/other sections
Internal and External Key Events - provide support to:
- COVID-19 related events and key global high-level education events, including virtual fair on digital learning
- Global Education Network Meetings
- Related knowledge management, including collection, compilation of sharing of documentation
Terms of Reference / Deliverables
Work Assignment Overview
Milestones will consist of monthly status reports on the last working day of the month providing an overview of the status of agreed deliverables in line with outlined components and expected results and a final report on the last day of the consultancy which includes an overview of the deliverables achieved during the nine month period.
The number of working days includes PTO and UN holidays.
• Master Degree in social sciences or related relevant area
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with experience in the main areas of the assignment
• Thorough understanding of Education programming and/or relevant technical fields
• Excellent writing skills for a wide variety of purposes
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Excel, Powerpoint
• Fluency in English
- Completed profile in UNICEF's e-Recruitment system and provide Personal History Form (P11) Upload copy of academic credentials
- Financial proposal that will include:
- your daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference (can be downloaded here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_consultancy_assignments.html
o travel costs and daily subsistence allowance, if internationally recruited or travel is required as per TOR.
o Any other estimated costs: visa, health insurance, and living costs as applicable.
o Indicate your availability
- Any emergent / unforeseen duty travel and related expenses will be covered by UNICEF.
- At the time the contract is awarded, the selected candidate must have in place current health insurance coverage.
- Payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed satisfactory deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
U.S. Visa information:
With the exception of the US Citizens, G4 Visa and Green Card holders, should the selected candidate and his/her household members reside in the United States under a different visa, the consultant and his/her household members are required to change their visa status to G4, and the consultant’s household members (spouse) will require an Employment Authorization Card (EAD) to be able to work, even if he/she was authorized to work under the visa held prior to switching to G4.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. View our competency framework at: Here
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, appearance, socio-economic status, ability, age, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.