Partnership and Research Manager
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC or “the Federation”) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network. The Federation is a membership organization established by and comprised of its member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the Federation is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
Our work is guided by seven Fundamental Principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.The IFRC Secretariat has a decentralized structure: five regional offices (each with several CCST and country offices reporting to it) covering the globe and responsible for frontline delivery through National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, backed by the Secretariat HQ based in Geneva.
The Partnership and Research Manager reports to the NSD and Partnership Coordinator with a technical line with the APRO Head of Partnership. For some aspects of the job the position will have a direct reporting line to the HoCCST
PARTNERSHIP AND RESEARCH MANAGER - National Staff
Date of issue : 14 – 09 – 2020
Closing date : 28 – 09 – 2020
Duty station : JAKARTA
Country : INDONESIA
Contract Duration : 6 (six) months
Category of Staff : National Staff
The Partnership and Research Manager is the technical focal person to support the CCST on developing greater understanding on partners/donors interests in relation to Red Cross and Red Crescent scope of work, to better position the IFRC and supported National Societies. The area on IFRC expertise and interest are : Disaster Management, Disaster Law (DM and DRR law), Disaster Risk Reduction and Community Resilience, Migration, Health, Youth, Humanitarian Financing Issues, Social Inclussion/non-violence and peace, Protection-Gender and Inclusion as well as key Global Agenda : SDGs, Sendai FDRR, WHS.
The main role of the post are :
- Be the liaison on relationship building of IFRC- , NS and related partners (including UN agencies, other INGO/NGO, ASEAN Secretariat and bodies, such as AHA Centre and 81 embassies accredited to ASEAN) as well as with Government agencies, supporting the role of Head of CCST.
- Providing support for the NSD and Partnership Coordinator and HoCCST on promoting and enhancing partnerships, ensure networking and innovation as well as facilitate knowledge management .
- Working with technical colleagues, support the CCST to influence policy making, including at ASEAN level on relevant files.
- Be the focal person on mapping and analyses areas of IFRC’s influence related to government policies, humanitarian interest in Indonesia and Timor-Leste.
- Based on IFRC programmatic priority areas identify and engage potential partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the NSD and Partnership Coordinator, the HoCCST, other Units and the APRO
- Support the CCST in developing new, [RL1] strengthening existing relationships and established relations with multilateral donors, governments, inter-governmental organization and the private sector with special emphasis in positioning the IFRC and NS as well as seeking possibilities for resource mobilisation as well as supporting other units to do the same.
- Support in provide quality control over innovative funding proposals facilitating better CCST support to the PMI and CVTL
- Support the CCST to strengthen partnerships and support better positioning of IFRC with external stakeholders, UN Agencies, Governments, Cooperation Agencies, International NGOs, Private and Academic Sector and inter-governmental organization, in the geographical area of Jakarta CCST, this to include Timor-Leste.
- Represent the IFRC/CCST in appropriate meetings, conferences, seminars, trainings, and forums when requested.
- Support and promote the participation of PMI and CVTL in national/regional networks, where relevant
- Liaising closely with other IFRC CCST and APRO technical units on managing partnership.
- Based on a solid understanding of IFRC and NS strategic priorities, undertake initial mapping and analysis of key stakeholders and partners within Indonesia and Timor-Leste and support the CCST to develop a stakeholder engagement strategy that reflects the priorities of the Federation and the strategic agendas of PMI and CVTL
- Use an evidenced based approach to undertake high level advocacy with external partners to promote the work of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement to support the positioning of PMI and CVTL on specific issues in line with CCST’s stakeholder engagement strategy
Research project management
- Identify opportunities to work with partners to undertake research that has the potential to contribute to innovation and to position the work of the CCST and national societies
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of assigned research projects;
- Lead and monitor the progress of research activities, including liaising with partners, developing ToRs and scopes of work, managing consultants and supporting and documenting applied research
- Responsible for final output and delivery of completed research projects, and related output materials (reports, write-ups, presentations) on deadline;
ASEAN relationship management
- Focal person for ASEAN file of the CCST
- Support in provide quality control over innovative funding proposals facilitating better CCST support ASEAN Secretariat
- Support the CCST to strengthen partnerships and support better positioning of IFRC with ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN related bodies and dialogue partners.
- Analyse ASEAN structure, have a sound understanding on ASEAN strategical sectorial plans and make recommendations of relevance to the IFRC agenda. Identify areas for engagement and enlargement of the relationship with ASEAN and suggest the best strategy for approach. This to include with 10 ASEAN dialogue partners’ agenda for cooperation. Identify the key ASEAN non-dialogue partners and their agenda.
- Ensure 10 National Societies of the countries member of ASEAN receive regular information about the advances of the relationship with ASEAN Secretariat.
- Provide regular update to CCSTs and APRO on information about relevant relations with partners including ASEAN.
- Provide regular reporting, analysis and advice the CCST on relevant collaborative activities with partners, including ASEAN and other related entities.
- Be the budget holder for ASEAN related file for the CCST
- Relevant university degree or equivalent knowledge
- Relevant professional training courses (Red Cross/Red Crescent related, humanitarian and development sector, management, etc.) is preferred
- Knowledge on humanitarian diplomacy
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in political/diplomatic work at national, regional and international levels;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, including time in the field and/or with a National Society is preferred
- Knowledge on HCST system in Indonesia and Humanitarian Coordination in Timor-leste
- Working in multisectoral cooperation/partnership with donors/NGO/inter-governmental agencies
- Have a good knowledge and work relation with ASEAN
- Experience of planning and managing finances and budgets
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated skill in analytical and strategic thinking
- Writing progress and final reports and update
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing, email, etc.)
- Able to work under minimum supervision and have strong initiative on developing partnership
- Able to work well in a multicultural team and in a changing environment
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Fluently spoken and written Bahasa Indonesian
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject heading*:* Partnership and Research Manager