Programme Associate (Monitoring & Evaluation) SC6 Damascus VA043-2020
Requisition # 125425
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
From 15 September to 29 September 2020
Type of contract: Service contract SC6
Duration: 1 year.
Number of required empolyees : 1
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). Job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Within delegated authority, the M&E Associate will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and thus are not all-inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all M&E Associates):
• Tracking of COMET/SMD: Support the COMET/SMD Focal Point in following-up with field offices and country office units on accurate and timely dataentry, validation, reconciliation and reporting.
• Tracking of MODA and other tools: Manage, enhance and maintain the process monitoring systems, while exploring concrete tracking methods for decentralized levels (field). In coordination with the M&E database developer and IT colleagues, support the enhancement of the online system to track and follow up on monitoring findings and automatically generate dashboards through Tableau from the on-site monitoring checklists and develop trends analysis. Create dashboards and run analysis to track dataentry and performance of enumerator teams in regards to quantity and quality of the entered data. Ensure that all monitoring data is submitted on-time and in good quality.
• Data Visualisation: In coordination with the Information Management Officer and the Senior Data-analyst, support the development of standard dashboards and perform in depth analysis where necessary.
• Monitoring Tools: Process monitoring data collection. Review and update monitoring tools to align checklists to the IRM and new Corporate Results Framework and Logframe in consultation with activity managers.
• Assist the Programme Officer in organizing project missions, meetings and briefing sessions
• Perform other related duties as required
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic Languages.
- At least five (5) years of responsible job related experience in international humanitarian and/or development settings, ideally related to monitoring and evaluation, VAM or other data analysis related work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent data analysis skills and good knowledge of data visualization (sample tools could be statistics programmes such as SPSS/STATA, Tableau)
- Behavioral competencies such as Action Management, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Innovation, Partnering and Teamwork.
- Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar
As WFP is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace and committed to have a multicultural environment to foster creativity and productivity,
Females and Individuals with Special Needs are strongly encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.