Associate CBI (Cash Based Interventions) Officer
Guatemala City (Guatemala)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Senior CBI Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer for Cash Based Interventions will:
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the cash-based interventions.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Prepare and administer accurate lists of beneficiaries for the regular assistance through bank ATM/IRIS system in line with the procedures established by the office.
- Assist in developing and administering UNHCR Regular Cash based Intervention database.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation and refund process for the cash assistance project.
- Assist in preparing detailed reports and breakdown of the cash assistance provided to the refugees.
- Cross-check databases to ensure that all beneficiaries are active cases.
- Keep cash lists updated and free of duplications and ensure delivery of cash assistance to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with partners to facilitate the flow of information between databases,
- Assist with the training of internal staff and partners on how to use the database,
- Execute best practice in data protection standards and help to positively influence others,
- Troubleshoot issues with the database and work with internal teams to provide technical fixes,
- Inform and act on the reports and messages that are received from various units on different vulnerable cases in respect to financial assistance.
- Support in the co-ordination with different IPs, Ops and focal points on lists of beneficiaries reflecting situation of cash assistance.
- Undertake missions and field visits to bank service provider to monitor the cash project.
Undertake other relevant duties as required.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. social sciences, political sciences and area related to humanitarian aid, development areas and international relations; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Programme management, especially CBI modalities, and other relevant Programme; experience with data management is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Completion of a first-level university degree or secondary education with certificate/training in Information Technology & Database Management will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in refugees, asylum seekers, IDPs and other migration issues [fill in relevant area of the host agency’s work], volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
If you are already registered in UNV's Talent Pool, make sure your profile is up to date before applying.
Application deadline: 27-Sep-2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time zone