Electrical Engineering Associate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Energy Efficiency: actively participate in crafting and improving of energy efficiency mechanisms for Country Offices. Carry out data collection and analysis for assigned projects, as guided by the supervisor;
- Internet of Things (IoT): play active role in deployment of suitable packages to Country Offices and regular review of packages on offer to Country Offices for purposes of improvement. Carry out online monitoring of deployed sensors/gadgets to ensure high uptime and service availability;
- Vehicle-Grid-Integration (VGI): play the role of focal point for VGI-related services to Country Offices, focusing mainly on assisting in deployment of EV charging stations and moving offices to different levels vehicle integration, monitoring progress of projects, and data collection from different projects across Country offices;
- Generator Monitoring: with guidance from the team leader, explore suitable solutions for enabling online monitoring of different diesel generators. Lead deployment of identified solution(s), online monitoring, data collection, and regular reporting. Assist the team in verifying integration of different energy sources in UNDP offices, particularly solar PV, diesel generator, and grid;
- Capacity Building: conduct webinars aimed at strengthening technical capacity of Country Office focal points, and internal learning sessions for all Green Energy team members and OIMT colleagues.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Knowledge of energy efficiency concepts and/or technologies and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of sustainable consumption and production patterns and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to work with different online remote monitoring platforms from major inverter manufacturers to provide effective support to operational projects
- Provide remote and onsite training to focal points and other players involved in green energy projects in order to build technical capacity for first level support
- Ability to work with simulation software, compile and analyze technical and financial data, and produce initial system design and key figures for decision making
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Ability work effectively in collective tasks and rally the team together for high quality output
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with at least six (6) years relevant experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy or similar relevant field with relevant experience of at least three (3) years will be considered an advantage.
- Minimum 3-6 years of relevant working experience;
- Ability to analyze single-line diagrams, design documents, and technical proposals;
- Knowledge of solar PV-genset hybrid systems will be an added advantage;
- Experience in working in developing countries will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in English;
- Working knowledge of other UN language is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Priority will be given to Danish nationals and holders of relevant Danish residence permit.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.