Human Resources National Officer- NOA
WFP Rwanda seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
JOB TITLE : Human Resources Officer
JOB GRADE: National Officer NOA
REPORTING TO: Head of HR
DURATION: 12 Months renewable
LOCATION: Kigali- Rwanda
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: One or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development
Language: Fluency (level C) in both, written and verbal communication in English. Intermediate (level B) in French.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Talent Acquisition and People Management tools, practices, strategy and implementation;
- Experience in Performance Management principles, Knowledge of tools and implementation strategies;
- Experience in Learning and Development, extensive knowledge of strategies and implementation and ability to facilitate and deliver trainings;
- Ability to effectively make use the performance management, learning and recruitment software platforms and tools;
- Broad or specialized knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background;
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action;
- Effective communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service. Ability to identify client's needs and match them to appropriate solutions;
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision;
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems
This job is open in Rwanda Country Office.
The job holder will be working under the direct supervision of the head of HR, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. The Job holder will support the collation, maintenance, analysis and reporting of information to maximise the effectiveness of HR services.
To support the delivery of a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements.
- Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals, surveys, consultation with line managers and staff members, as needed.
- Design and implement a robust L&D plan from the learning needs, leveraging available resources to build and promote a learning culture. Develop and maintain yearly training budget.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and periodically report on them.
- Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
- Support the implementation of an appropriate Performance Management approaches that ensure evaluations are conducted on time and are of the desired standards.
- Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Conduct straight forward data analysis under close guidance of a senior HR Officer, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
- Other as required.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
- This position is open to Rwandan Nationals only
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (Rwanda Time) on the deadline date.
- The deadline for recieving applications for this position is 28 September 2020.
This position is open to both, female and male candidates. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.