Indonesia: Finance and Administration Officer
About the Opportunity
Internews is seeking a Finance and Administration Officer for USAID-funded media support projects in Indonesia. The Finance & Admin Officer reports to the Finance, Admin and HR Manager and works with the Subgrants manager to ensure all operations are in compliance with USAID Rules and Regulations as well as Internews standard policies and procedures. The Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for oversight of all financial operations and administration.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Implement the field office accounting and financial control systems in accordance with Internews' policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed, and recorded a stipulated by the system and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable;
- Coordinate with Internews' government relations functions, including registration, tax filings, visas, and other operational and compliance matters;
- Maintain all local office financial records;
- Manage payments to local and international outside service providers;
- Provide financial analysis on a monthly basis;
- Prepare quarterly financial reports;
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests (WTRs) for local operational costs;
- Prepare monthly projections for project monthly activities;
- Ensure Indonesia tax withholding and tax calculations are accurate, in accordance with Indonesian tax law, and reported;
- Assist in financial management of subawards and subcontracts in coordination with the Subgrants manager;
- Responsible for ensuring petty cash is maintained at a feasible level for operational activities as per HQ petty cash procedures and policies;
- Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of Internews' office. Responsibilities include: managing office purchases, ensuring that sufficient essential supplies and stationery are available, and ensure that the procurement is conducted in accordance with Internews' policies and procedures;
- Manage the tracking of the inventory report. Ensure the report is updated on a timely basis and periodically perform physical checks of equipment and furniture as listed in the inventory report;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
Qualifications We're Looking For:
- Previous financial and administrative experience, preferably with an international NGO;
- Proven experience with USAID funding preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information;
- Accuracy in working with a large amount of financial and other data;
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints;
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audits process (e.g. procurement, local sub grants agreements, etc.);
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent organizing and multi-tasking skills;
- Knowledge of Indonesia registration requirements;
- Knowledge of the Indonesia media/CSO landscape is a plus.
To apply, please submit CV and application on our Careers page.