||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
- UNHABITAT is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by UNGA to promote socially & environmentally sustainable towns & cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. This post is located in the UNHABITAT Regional Office for Asia & Pacific (ROAP) at the Kabul duty station.
- The UN human settlements program, UNHABITAT has been working within Afghanistan since 1992 with funding support of USAID, Japanese & Australian govt's., EU, DFID, CIDA, Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation (SDC), Kingdom of the Netherlands & several bilateral donors as well as the WB. During this period, its program expanded to include a wide range of human settlements initiatives, from small scale neighbourhood level improvement schemes to community empowerment.
- The Afghanistan Urban Safety & Security Program (AUSSP) is a 3 year program that promotes safety & security by strengthening the delivery of urban safety services, improving local govt. responsiveness, accountability & enhancing partnerships between govt., communities & civil society. The most vulnerable & marginalised groups including women, youth, IDPs / returnees will be empowered as a key actor of participatory governance & societies.
- AUSSP targets eight of Afghanistan’s most strategic cities: Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, Kunduz, Farah, Nili & Bamyan. It is implemented under the leadership of the Ministry of Urban Development & Housing, the Independent Directorate of Local Governance / Deputy Ministry of Municipalities, Ministry of Interior Affairs, Ministry of Women’s Affairs & Kabul Municipality, with technical support from UNHABITAT. The SDC & the Kingdom of the Netherlands fund the program.
- Meet & monitor all visitors to the project office, to determine whether they should be granted admission to the premises.
- Contact the appropriate technical or administrative staff regarding written or verbal requests for UNHABITAT assistance.
- On night shift, to ensure that the office premises, equipment & vehicles are secured.
- Inform & maintain close contact at all times with the Security Officer concerning the security of the project office & the presence of the visitors on the premises.
- Receive & deliver mail, parcels, pouches & other materials for the office.
- Assist in the overall maintenance & cleanliness of the office premises.
This role works under the direct supervision of Operation Assistant / Team Leader, the incumbent of the post will perform the duties mentioned in the role objectives section.
||- Speaks & writes clearly & effectively, listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others & responds appropriately, asks questions to clarify & exhibits interest in having 2 way communication, tailors language, tone, style & format to match audience, demonstrates openness in sharing information & keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals, solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas & expertise, is willing to learn from others, places team agenda before personal agenda, supports & acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position, shares credit for team accomplishments & accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities & honours commitments, delivers outputs for which 1 has responsibility within prescribed time, cost & quality standards, operates in compliance with organisational regulations & rules, supports subordinates, provides oversight & takes responsibility for delegated assignments, takes personal responsibility for his / her own shortcomings & those of the work unit, where applicable.
This role has not team management responsibility.