Human Rights Associate
Ramallah (Palestinian Territory)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Office/Head of Monitoring, and the direct guidance of the Human Rights Officer responsible for the monitoring of the West Bank, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in the gathering of information and documentation of specific cases of human rights violations, including supporting in the interviewing of victims and witnesses;
- Assist in the compilation and analysis of situational information on the human rights situation in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, including for the daily situation reports, biweekly reports and other internal reporting;
- Assist in the compilation, organisation and analysis of data on human rights issues in the oPt;
- Assist the office in the maintenance of a strong network of local partners for the regular exchange of information, including through social media and other means;
- Assist upon request in the capacity-building and protection cluster activities, including organisation of meetings and field visits, communication with partners, and related tasks;
- Assist the office to ensure the integration of gender perspectives and attention to specific women rights issues within all OHCHR activities;
- Assist in drafting and preparing public information material including social media updates, PowerPoint presentations and other written material.
Master degree preferably in law, human rights, political or social sciences or other relevant fieldRequired experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- Knowledge of human rights and experience in monitoring human rights issues is required
- Knowledge of and experience working on women’s rights issues desirable.
- Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, internet mining, etc;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
This is a National Specialist UN Volunteer assignment with monthly VLA payment of ILS 4724.83. Only applications from “Palestinians” living in Jerusalem and West Bank will be considered.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup . Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org//candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code .
You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU